• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Former Wake Forest and Bethel HS guard Tony Rutland is the new head basketball coach at Hampton Christian.

I was unaware of Melo's relationship with Wake prior to being recruited. Interesting article from DeaconsIllustrated. Excuse me if this has already aired.

Eggleston had a built-in connection to Wake Forest, as his uncle is Charles Harrison, who played with Deacon great (and current assistant coach) Randolph Childress in the early 90s.

"Everything I'm hearing (from friends and family) is that this is a great move," Eggleston said. "This was a good decision for me."

Eggleston mentioned the close relationship with Childress in his announcement.

"Me and coach Childress have had a great relationship. He's been recruiting me since the 9th grade," Eggleston said. "I was really sold on the family atmosphere and how coach Childress has stuck with me through everything, like me breaking my foot. He's always stuck by my side. He really sold me on the fact that I'm their guy in 2017, and I can come in and help change the program and turn things around."

https://wakeforest.n.rivals.com/news/explosive-versatile-sf-melo-eggleston-commits-to-wake

New rule: all incoming recruits must have a familial relationship to a current or former Deacon.

No, that's actually pretty cool that he's Harrison's nephew. And good show of dedication by Chill, and using whatever advantages he can find. I just honestly hope that his relationship to Harrison didn't color his perception of Melo. But it looks like we're probably getting a good one.

Bless-Your-Heart1.png

He's 15?

Jesus, he's bigger than Danny.

Size 18 feet? He could grow another couple of inches.

I feel like there is a lot more 2018 and 2019 recruiting info than 2017. Not complaining. Just what it seems.

That makes a bold assumption that we don't retire Dinos' number.

New rule: all incoming recruits must have a familial relationship to a current or former Deacon.

No, that's actually pretty cool that he's Harrison's nephew. And good show of dedication by Chill, and using whatever advantages he can find. I just honestly hope that his relationship to Harrison didn't color his perception of Melo. But it looks like we're probably getting a good one.

We are Family! :)

Back