• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

For whoever was questioning whether Richard Washington could shoot, seems he could last night as he had 30 points along with 8 rebounds and 5 assists. He had 25 at the half including 7 three pointers

For whoever was questioning whether Richard Washington could shoot, seems he could last night as he had 30 points along with 8 rebounds and 5 assists. He had 25 at the half including 7 three pointers

Well, that is encouraging, to say the least.

I knew I had seen multiple times Washington had made A LOT of threes in a game. 7 in a half is absurd.

Big win for Chill tonight on senior night against HPCA's stacked squad, including Bam. Chill led all scorers with 20 and 6 assists.

Nice, and he was probably matched up against Ty Graves (signed with BC). An interesting side note is that Graves wanted to transfer to WCA, but Coach Gatlin said, "Sorry, I've got my PG(Childress)," so he went to HPCA. Apparently he was pissed and the last matchup got chippy, with Bam Adebayo doing the superman thing in front of WCA bench (as HPCA squeaked by with the win over WCA without Kwe). It ended with Steere's(WCA player) dad going on the court and confronting Bam after the game. Sounds like Bam will not be a favorite of opposing teams.

Last edited:
Nice, and he was probably was matched up against Ty Graves (signed with BC). An interesting side note is that Graves wanted to transfer to WCA, but Coach Gatlin said, "Sorry, I've got my PG(Childress)," so he went to HPCA. Apparently he was pissed and the last matchup got chippy, with Bam Adebayo doing the superman thing in front of WCA bench (as HPCA squeaked by with the win over WCA without Kwe). It ended with Steere's(WCA player) dad going on the court and confronting Bam after the game. Sounds like Bam will not be a favorite of opposing teams in the ACC.

SEC

Judging by his film, he has a pure stroke. Perfect technique.

Was looking through the 2017 list of prospects since most of the top 2016s are gone and noticed something that I felt was pretty amazing. Rivals only has three white kids in the top 100 players and the highest rank being #61. There were 12 in 2016, and 14 in 2015. No, not a racist but I did find this an amazingly low number. Between Kansas and Duke, there is going to be a shortage.

Strick- I'll drop you some pos rep if you take the Rechon Black out of the title of this thread. Seeing a Tar Hole take up our nice, clean space makes me salty.
Thanks,
Creamy

Strick- I'll drop you some pos rep if you take the Rechon Black out of the title of this thread. Seeing a Tar Hole take up our nice, clean space makes me salty.
Thanks,
Creamy

Agreed. Seems this would be something we could all agree on.

Was looking through the 2017 list of prospects since most of the top 2016s are gone and noticed something that I felt was pretty amazing. Rivals only has three white kids in the top 100 players and the highest rank being #61. There were 12 in 2016, and 14 in 2015. No, not a racist but I did find this an amazingly low number. Between Kansas and Duke, there is going to be a shortage.

Mav Rowan would have been another until he reclassified to 2015. He was top 50 in 2016 IIRC. Still a pretty low number for sure. Rivals usually goes for projectability and ranks guys that they think could end up in the NBA higher due to wanting to look like they know what they are doing down the line. May play something into it.

I think interest in playing basketball has been declining among white American boys over the last few decades, but I haven't seen any evidence of it beyond who makes it to elite college programs and the NBA. Seems like the best white male athletes are just playing other sports.

Conversely I don't think black kids are playing as much baseball as they used to. With travel teams and AAU the good athletes concentrate on one sport at an early age. Which is a shame.

Yeah. There's much more documentation, research, and focus on the decline of baseball participation among young black males. Not as much with respect to white male and basketball. I definitely think privatization of sports and specialization has a lot to do with it.

^Think those are both really good observations.

Back