• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17- Chaundee Brown schedules visit; Watson eliminates Wake

You're all going to be shocked when we pull another Rondale out of thin air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our top 4 targets are Randolph, Brown, Jamal Johnson and Howard Washington. One of them should fill that spot.

Our top 4 targets are Randolph, Brown, Jamal Johnson and Howard Washington. One of them should fill that spot.

Who on our staff announces the recruiting priorities by name?

Manning needs to hit one big recruit. I have never seen so many times we are in the final 4 or 5 only to lose out. Needs to talk to Clawson and company and get some tips

I must have missed the 5-star recruit Clawson has brought in.

Did you miss the fact that Clawson's 2017 class is likely to be the best in school history (including the classes Grobe brought in after the Orange Bowl) or arguably the highest rated recruit in Wake football history (Mike Allen)? I'm optimistic about Manning's future at Wake, but the level of recruits we are bringing in so far has me concerned for sure.

Deacon2002;2553913[B said:
]Did you miss the fact that Clawson's 2017 class is likely to be the best in school history[/B] (including the classes Grobe brought in after the Orange Bowl) or arguably the highest rated recruit in Wake football history (Mike Allen)? I'm optimistic about Manning's future at Wake, but the level of recruits we are bringing in so far has me concerned for sure.

You say that as if Wake has a history of bringing in Top 25-40 classes in football. Wake's football class is currently ranked at #41 on 247 and #44 on Rivals. Those numbers are likely to drop before NSD.

Mike Allen was a good pickup, but he's only rated as a 4* on one service. Melo Eggleston, a basketball commit, is also ranked as a 4* on only one service.

Comparing football recruiting to basketball recruiting is dumb for a number of reasons, but MichDeac25's response to Bud was a proper one.

You say that as if Wake has a history of bringing in Top 25-40 classes in football. Wake's football class is currently ranked at #41 on 247 and #44 on Rivals. Those numbers are likely to drop before NSD.

Mike Allen was a good pickup, but he's only rated as a 4* on one service. Melo Eggleston, a basketball commit, is also ranked as a 4* on only one service.

Comparing football recruiting to basketball recruiting is dumb for a number of reasons, but MichDeac25's response to Bud was a proper one.

My point in saying that was not to sound as if Wake has a history of bringing in Top 25 - 40 classes in football. My point was that Clawson is recruiting above any historical expectations for Wake Football (and actually at the highest level ever) while Manning might not be recruiting below historical expectations he is recruiting below the level we need to be at to compete in today's ACC (with the exception of the Crawford, Collins, Moore class), and that Clawson is closing well with his top targets (against relative big names) whereas Manning is not.

I agree that comparing football recruiting to basketball recruiting is dumb for a number of reasons, but if both Clawson and Manning continue on their current recruiting trajectory Clawson will be considered the best recruiter Wake football has while Manning will be noted for average or below recruiting.

My point in saying that was not to sound as if Wake has a history of bringing in Top 25 - 40 classes in football. My point was that Clawson is recruiting above any historical expectations for Wake Football (and actually at the highest level ever) while Manning might not be recruiting below historical expectations he is recruiting below the level we need to be at to compete in today's ACC (with the exception of the Crawford, Collins, Moore class), and that Clawson is closing well with his top targets (against relative big names) whereas Manning is not.

I agree that comparing football recruiting to basketball recruiting is dumb for a number of reasons, but if both Clawson and Manning continue on their current recruiting trajectory Clawson will be considered the best recruiter Wake football has while Manning will be noted for average or below recruiting.

Still a silly argument, since Manning has brought in more 4* talent than Clawson has (Crawford, Moore, Collins, Japhet-Mathias, Eggleston against Kearns and Allen), which was Bud's original point. I say that, while also understanding the obvious recruiting advantages Wake Basketball has over Wake Football.

Guess discussions like this take place when there isn't any real news.

If you scroll over the thread on Howard Washington on the 24/7 board, Deman says he's been assured that we're not going after HoWash.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17- Chaundee Brown schedules visit; Watson eliminates Wake

if both Clawson and Manning continue on their current recruiting trajectory Clawson will be considered the best recruiter Wake football has while Manning will be noted for average or below recruiting.

I agree with you and to me this is the key point. Can any of you honestly say you are more happy with the trajectory of the basketball program than football? I'm scared shitless that basketball is on a downward spiral and we'll be looking at a four year reign of manning followed by another terrible hire and it starts all over again.

Of course I hope that doesn't happen and I'm not predicting that it will, but I think a lot rides on this year's performance during ACC play. Our momentum from Collins/Crawford/Moore basically ended as our 2-16 season unfolded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back