• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Let it never be said that this staff is outworked. Truly impressive stuff this year especially.

I've been holding on to a bit of Hoard news for a long while from a #sauce and I can't say too much except what has already been said...we're in very good shape there. No vibes required.

In the recruiting game, old #sauce goes bad. Probably not the case here though.

new Devon Dotson interview w/ Scout today. no surprise sounds like a 2-man race b/w Kansas and Florida, mentioned a handful of other schools recruiting him (maryland, clemson, etc) but not Wake.

new Devon Dotson interview w/ Scout today. no surprise sounds like a 2-man race b/w Kansas and Florida, mentioned a handful of other schools recruiting him (maryland, clemson, etc) but not Wake.

Go Gators! That would maybe send Devoe our way.

Nate Roberts' visits (retweeted by Isaiah Mucius)

DGv0MzDXYAIiFdE.jpg

Found this earlier.....Mucius is going to be a beast. Really want to see Brown, Hoard, and Mucius on the floor together.

Some of the same highlights, but a little longer cut

Also found this one of Mucius as a sophomore that I had not seen yet

Haha. I was watching those earlier too. I'm so excited for the Homecoming visits. A lineup of Crawford, Brown, Hoard, Mucius, and Laszweski would be flat out deadly from all over the court.

If WF wants to pick up Devoe, the most optimal scenario would probably be Nembhard to KU, Dotson to UF, and that'd leave Devoe for Wake. But if I were guessing, it'd be every player moves up one school. Nembhard to Gonzaga, Dotson to KU, and Devoe to UF.

Last edited:
If WF wants to pick up Devoe, the most optimal scenario would probably be Nembhard to KU, Dotson to UF, and that'd leave Devoe for Wake. But if I were guessing, it'd be every player moves up one school. Nembhard to Gonzaga, Dotson to KU, and Devoe to UF.

I would love to get a true PG, but I feel like that is our least concerning piece of the puzzle. I feel very comfortable with Brandon Childress as our lead guard. If Crawford goes pro, we would still have Chill as a junior playing major minutes and Wright as a backup / combo guard. Not to mention that Keyshawn would be a 5th year senior who, while not a PG, is safe with the ball and could handle the role for a 5-10 minutes a game if necessary. OBviously we want a PG to grow into the role, but we need those combo forwards more IMO.

I would love to get a true PG, but I feel like that is our least concerning piece of the puzzle. I feel very comfortable with Brandon Childress as our lead guard. If Crawford goes pro, we would still have Chill as a junior playing major minutes and Wright as a backup / combo guard. Not to mention that Keyshawn would be a 5th year senior who, while not a PG, is safe with the ball and could handle the role for a 5-10 minutes a game if necessary. OBviously we want a PG to grow into the role, but we need those combo forwards more IMO.
If Crawford leaves, I'd really prefer another guard. However, if it comes down to either Lasz or Devoe, I too would choose the stretch four.

Isn't there a 2019 pg with a relationship to our new coach on campus right now?

ETA: from his comments I kind of expected him to be our next commit, maybe even this weekend

Last edited:
We gotta get a commitment from one of these guys soon. I am tired of coming here to see if there is news and there is NO news and I'm getting tired of it.

We gotta get a commitment from one of these guys soon. I am tired of coming here to see if there is news and there is NO news and I'm getting tired of it.

All our top prospects are visiting for Homecoming. Just be patient.

Consider this. We've heard no bad news about Hoard. No news of him scheduling visits for other school. No interest from other schools. Maybe the staff is planning for him to commit at Homecoming to get momentum going.

Vibes.

It would be pretty early for a 2019 to commit. Brandon Childress knew all along he was going to come to Wake and still waited until October of his junior year. I wouldn't expect anything until the spring at the earliest

Coach Jamil Jones appears to be a terrific addition to the coaching staff. Coach Jones had an established relationship with Anthony Harris from coaching his Takeover Team.

Back