• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

The reason we have lost those games is not offense. We lost because of defense. Against inferior players, his defense was bad. What makes that worse is that when you have a shotblocker and shot-alterer like Tacko Fall, you can play much tougher initial D than if you didn't have a guy like that to erase your mistakes making your defense better.

On offense, he'd have to shoot better, against much, much, much better comp and in far fewer tries just to be equal to the players we have.

Add to this, he be playing dramatically fewer minutes and be, at best, the fourth option on offense. Would be as happy and into the game? This is important as he clearly chose the opportunity to The Man over part of a team in a better conference.

All those factors make having him a real question mark. With a definite possibility that he'd be an unhappy player.

If he had been an LD Williams-lite, I'd be agreeing with you 10,000%.
What a load of horseshit.

What a load of horseshit.

Of course it is to you. It's got some depth to it and you must understand the game to understand. Rather than bitching about every play and not understanding how the relate to each other.

i can't believe i'm actually discussing whether it would be beneficial to this team to have a 23 year old 6-5/220 wing that averages 16ppg and shoots 38% from 3 whose scholly is currently being used by Trent Van Horn.

Yea, pick your battles man.

I've seen them play 2-3 times. He plays little to no D which is what we need the body for. All he does is gun. That's his entire game.

It's silly to bring up TVH as he has played in less than half or games and averages 2.4 mpg.

He shoots worse than any of our SGs/SFs. Or don't numbers count if you don't want them to? We don't need two Arians. We need someone who can and does play D.

We don't need any help scoring and his numbers were in a bad conference.

Is he better than Wilbekin? Maybe, but Wilbekin would have gotten minutes.

Would he have helped us on D? Not from what I've seen.

Real question: Is that better or worse than Harry Giles?

TVH played against Duke due to an injury. No other reason. TVH was DNP in 8 of our previous 12 games and played a TOTAL of FIVE minutes in 3 of the 4 games he did play.

It's not about replacing TVH. It's about taking minutes from the guys who actually play.

He doesn't play D in the AAC. Now, think about the fact, he'd be covering Bacon, Tatum, Jackson, Vasturia, Rowan and others versus the greatly inferior players in his current league.

He chose to play somewhere that he would be the go to guy and play 35+mpg. He would be neither at Wake. He would have been, at best our fourth option. Do you think he would have been happy in that position?

Do you think PT and usage were the reasons he didn't come to Wake?

I'd sure rather have seen him guard 6'6" Kennard at the end of the first Duke game instead of Wilbekin.

Also, you suck dead donkey dicks.

How could anybody not see adding a 6-5/220 shooter would be an upgrade over Wilbekin?

i get the sense that rj is trying desperately to rationalize this to shield DM from criticism about Williams changing his mind, nothing else makes sense to me to be so adamant about not wanting Williams.. but the thing is it's not bashing DM at all. he actually had this year set up absolutely perfectly with Arians and Williams filling huge stop-gap holes on an otherwise very good team. he caught a bad break with Williams changing his mind late.

Real question: Is that better or worse than Harry Giles?

I have no idea what that means. No one is talking about Harry and he has nothing to do with this.

Does anyone actually think that if Williams was on the team that Wilbekin wouldn't play?

Do you think team chemistry would have been as good if you had a guy who wanted to be 30 mpg starter and be the focus of an offense and he got about 20 mpg (or less) and was the fourth option? Do you think he would have happy?

Wilbekin is a midget that can only shoot 3s. why are his minutes sacred?

eta: nevermind, i'm doing it again.. dammit.

i get the sense that rj is trying desperately to rationalize this to shield DM from criticism about Williams changing his mind, nothing else makes sense to me to be so adamant about not wanting Williams.. but the thing is it's not bashing DM at all. he actually had this year set up absolutely perfectly with Arians and Williams filling huge stop-gap holes on an otherwise very good team. he caught a bad break with Williams changing his mind late.

It's not at all about Danny. It's 100% about Williams, who showed his cards about how he saw himself and his abilities. We didn't need any more scoring and that's if you think he'd be an upgrade over the guys we had. If he was shooting 42+% with all those shots, I'd agree with you, but he was shooting worse against inferior talent.

His defense was terrible and he wanted to be the focus of his offense. Neither of those help us. Getting beat is getting beat. Once your guy is past you, it doesn't matter if you are 6' or 6'5.

Then you add the fact he'd be miserable not close to being the star. I'd much rather have seen if Wash or Greg could play a smidgen of D.

I have no idea what that means. No one is talking about Harry and he has nothing to do with this.

Does anyone actually think that if Williams was on the team that Wilbekin wouldn't play?

Do you think team chemistry would have been as good if you had a guy who wanted to be 30 mpg starter and be the focus of an offense and he got about 20 mpg (or less) and was the fourth option? Do you think he would have happy?

I was just curious whether Trent Van Horn's numbers are better than Harry Giles? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Wilbekin is a midget that can only shoot 3s. why are his minutes sacred?

eta: nevermind, i'm doing it again.. dammit.

I'm not saying his minutes are sacred. But Danny wouldn't take them all away for a guy like Williams. If he took 12 mpg from Wilbekin, where would the rest of his minutes come from? He plays worse D and shoots worse than Arians.

My bad, actual stats don't matter but theoretical ones do.

I was just curious whether Trent Van Horn's numbers are better than Harry Giles? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Harry is an injured player, it's quite different and you know it.

Plus, if Harry had stayed home, not gotten injured and gone to Wake, we'd be in the Top 10-15. With TVH watching.

I'm not saying his minutes are sacred. But Danny wouldn't take them all away for a guy like Williams. If he took 12 mpg from Wilbekin, where would the rest of his minutes come from? He plays worse D and shoots worse than Arians.

My bad, actual stats don't matter but theoretical ones do.

holy fuck

mitch and austin take 4 threes a game and make 40% of them. williams takes 10 threes a game and makes 38% of them. he's a good shooter and a lot bigger than mitch.

You said you hadn't seen him play. I have.

Actual stats don't matter. Playing against inferior comp doesn't matter. Wanting to be the focus of a team versus a 4th-5th option won't impact a players results. He'd accept it like this.

I'll just defer to you as my thoughts have no value and yours are so much superior.

sorry, i've seen austin play 30 times this year and i've seen clips of williams. that all it takes to know you're full of shit on the defense. like i really buy you've watched 5 ucf games this year too

sorry, i've seen austin play 30 times this year and i've seen clips of williams. that all it takes to know you're full of shit on the defense. like i really buy you've watched 5 ucf games this year too

I said "2-3 times" not five times, but keep changing what I said.

Of course you ignore the fact he wanted to the focus of a team and would way down the totem pole here. You have an irrational concept that he would be better playing less and playing against a ton of future NBA players covering him versus the AAC. Yep, lots of guys will shoot better against players, while playing less. that makes sense.

But again, I need to defer to you.

Last edited:
Back