• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

If Ody is really 6' 9" and 185 lbs, he needs to eat a LOT before he gets here.

This is a strange development. Does anyone recall one of these unheard of guys amounting to much? Mike Drum Comes to mind, but he played well at a low level and came in as a walk-on.

Ody isn’t your typical unheralded recruit. He’s sub-Rondale insofar Rondale was somewhat of a known commodity before he committed. I wouldn’t say the same re: Ody. What they have in common is that they really aren’t ACC-caliber players.

I won’t be able to do it until I get home from work because the first post will disappear if I do it from my phone.

Mods, please feel free to announce the news in the title!

Can you make the whole thread disappear? Last decade?

Ody had offers from VCU and Umass (his coach says “a handful of A10 schools”) plus 10 other mid major offers. Rondale had one offer: ETSU.

UNC, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Miami, Oregon, Wake

That’s promising. He already has Georgetown and ND so he didn’t need a token “look smart” school.

Ody had offers from VCU and Umass (his coach says “a handful of A10 schools”) plus 10 other mid major offers. Rondale had one offer: ETSU.

UMASS offered, pretty sure VCU never did. His offer list is garbage, but hey if you aspire to be UMASS 30 years removed from Calipari go for it. I mean he is 2nd string on his current HS team, wtf are we talking about here? This kid is not ACC material.

What do you expect with the season we had last year, all the defections and the speculation regarding Manning’s future at WFU? It’s miraculous we were able to get one top 125 recruit. We had missed on all of our top targets. Either you sign nobody but Massoud or take players at the bottom of your list who are willing to join a shit show.

Ody isn’t your typical unheralded recruit. He’s sub-Rondale insofar Rondale was somewhat of a known commodity before he committed. I wouldn’t say the same re: Ody. What they have in common is that they really aren’t ACC-caliber players.

You have to be pretty bad to be 6-8 or 6-9 in high school and not dominate. This guy will never hold Sunday's jock strap.

Manning has lost his damn mind.

What do you expect with the season we had last year, all the defections and the speculation regarding Manning’s future at WFU? It’s miraculous we were able to get one top 125 recruit. We had missed on all of our top targets. Either you sign nobody but Massoud or take players at the bottom of your list who are willing to join a shit show.

Which is why he should have already been fired. Instead we dig the hole deeper.

UMASS offered, pretty sure VCU never did. His offer list is garbage, but hey if you aspire to be UMASS 30 years removed from Calipari go for it. I mean he is 2nd string on his current HS team, wtf are we talking about here? This kid is not ACC material.

It's his first and only season at Woodstock, right? Do you know he's coming off the bench? Have they already played?

Looked this up a little while typing this response. Are there REALLY 28 guys on this team's roster? What??

https://www.woodstockacademy.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=444

I'm putting the odds at Ody staying for his senior year at Wake at less than 5 percent. That includes transferring or going to the NBA early :)

Point I was starting to make before I got distracted by that massive roster is that Doral Moore also wasn't a starter in his senior season of high school at Montverde Academy and played what seems like maybe five minutes a game.

I haven't seen him play, so I can't speak to if he's ACC material or if he will become ACC material. I'll need more than a couple minutes of highlight footage to be persuaded either way. I do know other ACC schools were getting in the mix and the staff was happy to get this one locked down now rather than have it progress deeper into the process.

FWIW, Woodstock Academy is ranked the #3 Prep Program in the nation to start the year ahead of Hargrave, IMG, and Montverde

Yeah, I don’t feel like this is Rondale Watson level bad.

At least this kid is a big, which we desperately need.

His defense is ahead of his offense... Maybe Manning can turn him into someone that earns ACC minutes in a few years.

It’s more depressing to me because it feels like this is as good as we’re going to get this recruiting cycle (outside of Massoud, whom I love).

Back