• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Martini: Gin or Vodka?

Martini is a drink made with gin. I like martinis. But I will certainly gladly accept an ice cold vodka drink with some vermouth and olives.

Next time you are in a nice bar order a martini made with Hendricks, cucumber liqueur, and a cucumber garnish. i believe they call it, creatively, a Hendricks and Cucumber.

My lady got a martini a couple weeks ago w truffle oil drizzled on the rim, it was incredible.

Gin is just juniper flavored vodka anyways - so why be so picky about the distinction? Martinis are fantastic.

Put me in the "gin and it's not even close" camp.

Vodka for a martini, although I love Gin & Tonics.

Girls love Cosmos and the like; therefore I enjoy mixing Cosmos.

Gin but a Mexican martini is great. I'd like two from Trudys in Austin this afternoon. Too bad it takes two to make the food taste good there.

most of the time i'm hankering for a stiff cock or 2, it's a gin based cock

A good gin is infinitely better than a good vodka (maybe because all vodka tastes the same).

That being said, I have been off the boards for the last couple weeks so I don't know how this debate started, but I have been drinking a lot of clear rum lately. We were in Puerto Rico recently and I was crushing DonQ and pineapple nonstop.

I still need to try a gin greyhound. I've only ever done those with Vodka. Maybe because I'm usually drinking them at 8AM during tailgates.

ETA: Gin is a bit... aggressive... at 8AM

My pet peeve relates to the Cosmo, appletini, chocolate BS. Those drinks should not be called "martinis." I have always felt that those drinks were created so that pussies who are unable to handle a real martini could still drink out of the best piece of glassware ever created, the martini glass. Go back to your hollowed out coconuts and umbrellas.

There, I said it.

Those are called "women."

But seriously gin is the only correct answer.

This.

My pet peeve relates to the Cosmo, appletini, chocolate BS. Those drinks should not be called "martinis." I have always felt that those drinks were created so that pussies who are unable to handle a real martini could still drink out of the best piece of glassware ever created, the martini glass. Go back to your hollowed out coconuts and umbrellas.

There, I said it.

And this.

I still need to try a gin greyhound. I've only ever done those with Vodka. Maybe because I'm usually drinking them at 8AM during tailgates.

ETA: Gin is a bit... aggressive... at 8AM

dude. i thought you had some of my gin greyhound at that horserace.

also, if you are going to drink at 8 am you are already aggressive enough. might as well go all out.

dude. i thought you had some of my gin greyhound at that horserace.

also, if you are going to drink at 8 am you are already aggressive enough. might as well go all out.

That is definitely possible. All I remember is that buckets didn't sleep the night before and woke me up at 7AM and handed me a greyhound. No idea what was in it.

My lady got a martini a couple weeks ago w truffle oil drizzled on the rim, it was incredible.

i love drizzling oil around your ladies rim as well. tell her i really appreciated the address change card.

Gin is juniper and botantical infused neutral grain spirit - vodka is pure neutral grain spirit. The distillation process is nearly identical (though vodka technically must be distilled to a higher level of purity).

Gin is just flavored vodka. A very specific mix of flavors, but the principle is the same.

Back