• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

On top of the factual error/lie, I do not get the logic. Wouldn’t giving these sex trafficked women asylum in the United States alleviate this problem? If there were more fluid immigration allowances wouldn’t these women not have to put thier trust in human trafficking criminals to get them into the U.S. and away from poverty and violence in Central America? if you’re truly concerned about the welfare of these vulnerable people wouldn’t you devise a way to let them in and protect them?

But they’re not concerned about these women aside from anecdotes to justify their hate and xenophobia.
Right, I am aware of that. But I’d rather this guy making a big public display about her lie at least talk about the logical flaw as well.

if you’re truly concerned about the welfare of these vulnerable people wouldn’t you devise a way to let them in and protect them?
if you are putting good faith in their argument then you also need to acknowledge that conservatives want to discourage/prevent all attempted migration at the southern border. Even with the most good faith possible, the point isn’t to protect vulnerable migrants, it’s to prevent dangerous migration attempts.

if you are putting good faith in their argument then you also need to acknowledge that conservatives want to discourage/prevent all attempted migration at the southern border. Even with the most good faith possible, the point isn’t to protect vulnerable migrants, it’s to prevent dangerous migration attempts.
I am aware. Three things in life are certain: birth, death, and Republican bad faith politicking. I get annoyed when people get all worked up about a minor lie in a Republican speech and fail to argue the merits of what the Pub is saying. I think it is actually a strategy of Republican oratory to seed your speech with impotent lies in the hopes that people will get riled up about the little bits of bullshit and let the over all argument stand uncontested.

Last edited:
On top of the factual error/lie, I do not get the logic. Wouldn’t giving these sex trafficked women asylum in the United States alleviate this problem? If there were more fluid immigration allowances wouldn’t these women not have to put thier trust in human trafficking criminals to get them into the U.S. and away from poverty and violence in Central America? if you’re truly concerned about the welfare of these vulnerable people wouldn’t you devise a way to let them in and protect them?
In my last organization, we had an anti-human trafficking program. Mark Walker was a big supporter of the program (but not really our refugee program) and we consistently tried to get him to understand that harsher immigration policies give more power to traffickers. One of the biggest tactics of coercion used by traffickers is to take peoples papers or to threaten deportation. Not surprisingly, it fell on feigned deaf ears. He knows what is true and real especially in regard to refugees and asylum seekers, but spouts xenophobic party lines anyway. I have no respect for him.

Wow…she’s right.

This other piece of hers is worth reading…

I heard an interview with Jess Piper on one of the podcasts I listen to. She was excellent. I immediately checked out her Twitter and read some of her substacks.

SNL’s take on Katie Britt did not disappoint.

It’s a real credit to SNL they put that together about 48 hours after it happened.

Isn't that their entire thing? Whatever is happening in the news this week gets made fun of?

Back