• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

Why would the Nazis give a shit about anything anymore? They are sitting on $69 million...

It makes no sense for them to stay in the game. They should be setting up an Aryan Nation franchise in St. Kitts.

Well, Todd/Landry has Jessie tied up in a meth lab, so I guess he is still cooking. Walt didn't come close to redeeming himself, but he does still have a conscience. Good for Walt Jr though. He and Hank are the only ones to stay strong to the end. When Jack made Walt shake hands and call it even, it was a pretty stark contrast to Hank refusing to budge to even give himself a chance at surviving.

bCfMpRL.jpg

pants from episode 1
tumblr_mt764fcSly1rn2onbo1_500.jpg

I'm absolutely speechless over that episode. I'll need to go back and rewatch it at least once before next Sunday.

My favorite part might be the fact that after all his transgressions and all the people that kept his secrets, the first and only person to call the police on Walt (and have it stick) is his son.

Perfect ending for Hank. I wouldn't have wanted him to go out in any other way.

So Walt realizes later on that there is still blue meth on the streets, realizes Jesse is being held captive, puts aside his hatred for Jesse, buys the M60 and goes to fight the Nazis/Todd?

I think Walt goes after the Nazi's to get his money back, and finds that Jessie is still alive. One of his last decisions will be whether to kill Jessie or not. I predict that will be an intense scene/conversation.

I think Walt's pride comes into play that someone is cooking "his" meth, and seeks to put an end to it. There is also a lot of speculation that the Nazis are going after the confession tapes (in Hank and Marie's house?) and that they are going to kill some more folks next week, which prompts Walt to seek revenge.

Why would the Nazis give a shit about anything anymore? They are sitting on $69 million...

It makes no sense for them to stay in the game. They should be setting up an Aryan Nation franchise in St. Kitts.

greed of course (despite what uncle jack said about being greedy to walt) they can split the 6 cans 1 each or they can cook for lydia and the international connection for 50 mil per delivery or whatever it was. just like walt they think they are in control.

I think Walt's pride comes into play that someone is cooking "his" meth, and seeks to put an end to it. There is also a lot of speculation that the Nazis are going after the confession tapes (in Hank and Marie's house?) and that they are going to kill some more folks next week, which prompts Walt to seek revenge.

Marie will go ape shit next week and will probably get a bullet for it from the Nazi. Time obviously passes between now and when Walt comes back to AZ for revenge. If Jesse is still alive and cooking then, it better be as his choice. No way Todd and the boys would risk keeping him around once he has shown Todd how to cook.

Was just about to post that.

And in this season's first episode, Walt places a towel down on the floor as he throws up into the toilet. They've been carefully drawing parallels from Walt to Gus for a while. It's amazing.

$69 million is pocket change if you are in the empire business. Walt made that in what 6 months? They are sitting on an operation that could produce billions. Why does Warren Buffett still go to work every day even though he's worth 1000x that? At some point, it's not about the money but the power and excitement.

I originally thought they gouged his eye out in one of the close-up scenes.

Kind of funny how many online writers have misinterpreted the last phone call so far. It's really a testament to how pissed off people are at Walt as the criminal world comes crashing down on his loved ones - almost like it's easier for all involved to believe he's pure evil.

Kind of funny how many online writers have misinterpreted the last phone call so far. It's really a testament to how pissed off people are at Walt as the criminal world comes crashing down on his loved ones - almost like it's easier for all involved to believe he's pure evil.

The better reviews I've come across today have suggested that Walt's incriminating phone call came from a very real place, but was ultimately to take the heat off of Skyler. I think he meant most of what he said, and wanted her to know that he meant it, while still giving her an easy out. Incredible performance either way.

The better reviews I've come across today have suggested that Walt's incriminating phone call came from a very real place, but was ultimately to take the heat off of Skyler. I think he meant most of what he said, and wanted her to know that he meant it, while still giving her an easy out. Incredible performance either way.

Eh, I think those are pretty off-base. The Walt who returned the baby, arranged his pickup by Saul's guy, and made that call knowing the police were there and listening wasn't post-Hank-murder nutso Walt. Totally calculated, and brutal. It's a final lie that only gives itself away if you're watching him lose it in the last few seconds, a perfect bookend to the opening lie. It wasn't 50/50.

Watching it live, I felt like the first half was more his true feelings, and then you could see things click, and he switched over to the over-the-top menacing.

But stealing Holly was pure, fully Broken Bad Walt.

Last edited:
Watching it live, I felt like the first half was more his true feelings, and then you could see things click, and he switched over to the over-the-top menacing.

But stealing Holly was pure, fully Broken Bad Walt.

Had the same reaction, but I think that was the idea (and the genius of the writing and acting) - you don't realize until about halfway through that it's an act, because it's right on the heels of his absolute bottoming out. Hank's death broke him, Holly saying mama over and over snapped him out of it. Then it's back to clever, rational Walt putting family first, as he tried to do by calling off the nazis and then giving away the 80 million just in hopes they'd spare Hank.

The question about police at the beginning gives it away in my opinion.

Back