• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BUZZ IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!(NOT TROLLING). HE GONE!!!!!

Wellman has been working on replacing Bz for several weeks. At this point, I would assume the list is down to three- maybe four- candidates.

Hopefully all of them are coaching their team today or tomorrow. The longer we wait to hear of the replacement, the better the coach.

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif

Told you he is in hot water. They are not allowing him to go it alone this time.

All 3-4 potentials. I don't think the list has been narrowed down to 1 or 2...yet. Gotta see what happens in the NCAAT. March Madness.

Pretty sure the search began after the FSU loss...BabyDeac can probably say if it was earlier than that, but I first got wind of the resignation/coach search plan after that loss.

Wellman has been working on replacing Bz for several weeks. At this point, I would assume the list is down to three- maybe four- candidates.

Hopefully all of them are coaching their team today or tomorrow. The longer we wait to hear of the replacement, the better the coach.

You don't buy the Howland rumors, eh?

This afternoon I met with Jeff [Redacted] for our annual review of the program. While we both agreed that our program is moving in the right direction, Jeff felt that a change in leadership would benefit the program and help our student-athletes reach their full potential.

During Jeff’s tenure at Wake Forest, he has been faced with a number of challenges. Over the last four years, the team has shown steady improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court. Jeff and his staff have recruited a group of young men who have combined to post the highest grade point average of any men’s basketball team at Wake Forest since we began keeping those records in 1989.

Our goal remains to win ACC Championships and reach the postseason each year. We feel as though we are headed in the right direction and the pieces are in place to reach our goals.

We are very optimistic about the future of the program. The acquisition of the Coliseum and the construction of the Sports Performance Center will allow the program to continue to grow and improve. We are excited about the young men that we have committed to the program for next year as well as the return from injury of two key players. Our future in basketball is very bright.

The search for a new coach will begin immediately. We will engage national basketball leaders to identify the very best candidates. Appropriate University leaders will also be a part of the search process. President Hatch will be an active participant in the search, as well. Since many of the potential candidates are still coaching their teams in post-season tournaments, the process may take a number of weeks. We will work with all of the candidates to allow them to continue coaching their teams while, at the same time, moving forward with our search process.

Go Deacs!

Ron Wellman

God I hope VCU loses. Need a little star alignment. I just want a cup of tea with him. See whats on his mind, what are his thoughts on the state of mankind and such.

I would say Amaker is looking very strong right now.

But...I would love for Wellman to Shaka the World!

I haven't seen in on any of these discussions (obvs) but I can't imagine Mrs. Amaker would be all that thrilled about leaving her high-level position with Harvard's school of clinical psychology or whatever it is to move to W-S.

I haven't seen in on any of these discussions (obvs) but I can't imagine Mrs. Amaker would be all that thrilled about leaving her high-level position with Harvard's school of clinical psychology or whatever it is to move to W-S.

She would for $$$$$$$$$$

She would for $$$$$$$$$$

amaker is really uninspiring. it would show LOWF is alive and well.

If we have all of the dollar signs, then we should be aiming higher than Amaker.

I don't mind him, FWIW, but I don't see it.

Don't forget your talking points - 1984 remnants remain...somewhat redacted

Potential Questions & Answers:

Q. What improvements did Jeff [Redacted] make during his time here?
A. Jeff’s four years produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. The team has shown improvement on the court and posted a winning record this year. Off the court, the team grade point average is at its highest point since we started tracking that statistic in 1989.

Q. When will the new coach be in place?
A. Most of the candidates that we will be speaking with will be involved in postseason play. As they become available, contact will be made with the coach or their representative. We do not want to contact any coach prior to the end of their season so as not to impact their postseason experience.

Q. Who will conduct the search?
A. Ron Wellman will engage national basketball leaders to identify the very best candidates. Appropriate University leaders will also be a part of the search process. President Hatch will be an active participant in the search, as well.

Q. What are the reasons to be optimistic about the future of Wake Forest basketball?
A. There are a number of reasons to be optimistic. First, the team will return the bulk of its roster from this past season. We will return 70 percent of our scoring and 70 percent of our rebounding. We have commitments from two outstanding freshmen. And Daniel Green and Greg McClinton, each of whom missed this past season due to injury, should be healthy and ready to contribute.

Q. How do facilities factor into the new coaching search?
A. With our acquisition of the Coliseum, and the impending construction of the Sports Performance Center, we will own our two most important buildings in recruiting both a new coach and prospective student-athletes. In conjunction with the Budd Gym in the Miller Center, our facilities will help in attracting the new coach.

Back