• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz Williams to Va Tech

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 8s
Former UCLA coach Ben Howland wants Marquette. He wants back in the Big East. He makes sense to continue similar path of play.

I look forward to the coming debate over which job is more attractive, Wake or Marquette.

Howland to Marquette now?

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 1m
Sources have told @CBSSports that former UCLA coach Ben Howland is expected to be involved at Marquette.

if howland signs up with marquette and turner with rice this weekend it will be the best four days ever

Marquette is a sneaky good job, probably the only one in that top tier with us right now.

The next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting.

RSF and IAI are loving this and everyone else is terrified. Seems about right.

Why would Howland want to go back to the Big East when it has been gutted?

This is bad. We're going to end up with a no name as coach.

Ron fucks up again. Should have done the deed a week ago. Moran.

Andy Katz doesn't really do much coaching carousel rumor pedaling so for him to say "Ben Howland wants Marquette" probably means there is some truth to it.

If VT can throw money at Buzz and we are putting 40 million into the Joel, I don't want to hear about not being able to afford Shaka.

If we do land Shaka, and BC were to land Amaker, our conference would have:

K, Roy, Pitino, Boeheim, Dixon, Shaka, Buzz, Amaker, Larranaga, Gottfried, Bennett... That is just a murderer's row of coaches. Jesus.

I am so excited/scared/terrified/elated/petrified/aroused

Back