• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz Williams to Va Tech

We could have had Buzz effing Williams, but Ron was too busy playing NCAA Chairman rather than doing the job that actually pays him. If Howland ends up at Marquette and we miss on Shaka or Marshall, fuck you forever and ever, Ron.

Just googled him...Buzz is only 41? Man, feels like he's been around forever...That would have been a great hire.

From an awful buzz to a great buzz...That would have been ironic.

Well, we went from a good Buzz Out yesterday to a crappy Buzz Out today!.....damn!

If Marquette actually wants Howland that would probably eliminate the possibility of WF grabbing him for cheap. Marquette always paid Crean and Buzz huge.

I'm a little bit drunk, but fuck all y'all LOWF assholes. If VT can get Buzz, then we can get Shaka, Marshall or whoever the shit we want.

I'm going to get hammered now because Buzz was always my #1 choice and I knew he was attainable due to his Marquette disagreements.

We NEED a big hire now. Archie and Amaker are still an acceptable floor IMO, but we need to pony up for Shaka or a name like Jay Wright.

Being a Marquette alumnus, let me just say this sucks. One of my two schools better fucking get Howland.

VaTech's AD just showed his commitment to winning. Very impressive move to fire a losing Coach after two seasons and hire a proven winner.

Maybe Howland is blowing smoke with Marquette? Putting pressure on Wellman by telling him he won't sit around patiently forever?

This totally crossed my mind, too. I've watched coaching searches at another school pretty closely over the past ten years (and there've been about 5 between basketball and football), and there's only one thing that's certain in these searches: there will be smokescreens. People leak info not to get the truth out, but to help themselves. It's just as possible that Howland is angling for the Wake job by having his agent leak it to sports news peeps that he really wants Marquette. Hell, the exact same thing was tweeted yesterday about how much he wanted to go to Wake. If he can force Wake to move quickly by getting an offer from Marquette, that's perfect for him. If he can get them into a bidding war, even better. If Wellman doesn't bite, Howland's still got the pretty good option to go to Marquette, who has been in the top-10 in coach's pay for a few years now.

Or, Howland could really want the Marquette job. Like someone else said, I'm looking forward to the debate over which is the better program, Wake or Marquette. I don't think it's really a debate, though -- you want to coach where it's easier to recruit players. Where do you think players want to play -- W-S or elsewhere in the South, or the freezing-ass North Fucking Pole? Wake wins.

Hopefully this encourages the big money to pony up a little more so we can land Shaka.

But I have extreme confidence that White, Masiello and Miller will be really successful coaches even if we can't get Shaka.

Williams was not a good match for us. VT yes. He can bring in Juco there, lax standards for athletes......nonetheless a great hire for them.

Hopefully this encourages the big money to pony up a little more so we can land Shaka.

But I have extreme confidence that White, Masiello and Miller will be really good coaches even if we can't get Shaka.

Yeah, I'm with you.

I've been saying for the last couple of months that he wanted out of Marquette but no one believed me.

Back