• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campus Updates

Keep in mind, a big reason this is being done is so the Quad dorms can receive a much needed renovation. You have to have someplace to put all of the displaced people when you have to close Davis, Taylor, Poteat, etc.

Oh yea, and that 3 year residency requirement. :wtf:

Where will these be located? I recall the space between Wait and Polo was one idea.

The article says near the new business school so it would have to be somewhere near Q, right?

So now this begs to question, where are they going to have everyone park? I know the the past, parking decks have been shot down because of the look, but that would be better than clearcutting some of the forest to build a new parking lot IMO.

The article says near the new business school so it would have to be somewhere near Q, right?

That's correct. If I had to guess, I would picture a Babcock/Luter set-up with a courtyard in between probably running North-South on the right half of Q (if you're looking from the back of Wait Chapel).

So now this begs to question, where are they going to have everyone park? I know the the past, parking decks have been shot down because of the look, but that would be better than clearcutting some of the forest to build a new parking lot IMO.

I guess they will have to go ahead and pave the Quad.

That'll help the parking problem

Oh yea, it's gonna be a cluster.

Check out page 43 of the master plan from 2009:
http://groups.wfu.edu/masterplan/docs/finalreport.2009.pdf

Yea, from the start that plan has been very clear about it's intentions to make this a walking/pedestrian campus and to push vehicular traffic/parking to the exterior. I don't completely fault that plan. Q is great space for something much "prettier" than a huge parking lot BUT I don't know where they think the "exterior" space is.

yeah... do current students call them Manchester Plaza/Quad and Hearn Plaza/Quad?

Back