• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campus Updates

Yeah for sure, would have been a lot easier to put the effort and money back when the pot was overflowing with money and become established. Now that money is non-existent the amount that does exist goes to places that are already world renowned before anywhere else.

I can only speak for a couple floors of Bowman Gray in the 90s and 2000s but it was a shitshow of middle and upper management for a long time too.

https://priceonomics.com/ranking-the-most-and-least-diverse-colleges-in/

Top100_HD.png

We're coming for you, Colorado School of Mines.

Surprised that University of Miami and University AT Buffalo are so diverse. Not surprised we aren't. You couldn't even find diversity in the year abroad back in the day when I was at Wake - choices were Italy, Spain, and France and I think that was it.

I'm intrigued by the "Other" category. White, black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, and "other." Okay, Native Americans and...what else? Pacific Islanders? Antarcticans? Some of those schools are 20+% "other." I want to know who these other people are, goddammit.

Surprised that University of Miami and University AT Buffalo are so diverse. Not surprised we aren't. You couldn't even find diversity in the year abroad back in the day when I was at Wake - choices were Italy, Spain, and France and I think that was it.

Cubans love Miami. I am also sure there are a ton of rich internationals there too. Miami is a very multi-cultural city.

Cubans love Miami. I am also sure there are a ton of rich internationals there too. Miami is a very multi-cultural city.

Wow. Thanks. Nobody knew that. Dropping some unique knowledge there...

I knew a guy that went to Miami that used to party with some members of the Saudi Royal family that "attended" UM.

Looking at all the charts, my best guess is that Other includes Native Americans (see University of Tulsa) and International students. It may also include multiracial students.

Looking at all the charts, my best guess is that Other includes Native Americans (see University of Tulsa) and International students. It may also include multiracial students.

Whoa now, so you're saying Obama isn't black?

Whoa now, so you're saying Obama isn't black?

Hahah. RIP Saneff.

I'm not sure what data they're using and how they code students who identify themselves as simply "multiracial."

The internets are just one big Jerry Springer show now.

Back