• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campus Updates

Not a campus update, but does anyone here know what piece of land adjacent to SECCA was sold to a developer?

Great Classic Pictures - Now I feel really old since I am in the 1968 Grove Stadium picture as a member of the band. Coincidently, I just rediscovered my freshman class blazer from 1966 this morning with Wake Forest College on the emblem.

Not a campus update, but does anyone here know what piece of land adjacent to SECCA was sold to a developer?

There's a big chunk of the Chatham Farm (Hanes) land that is still just undeveloped woods; has to be that. There's another parcel with an abandoned house at the end of SECCA's parking lot, but I don't think Wake owns it.

I believe that on the left side of this image, about where Palmer/Piccolo are now, you can see the mobile homes/trailers that were put up for married students coming to school on the GI bill after WWII. There was a whole little married students village up there during the 50s, with an unofficial mayor etc.

Swinger scene? How much trailer-hopping between classes?

I used to be annoyed with the employees working the flowers at 8am when I lived on the quad, but as a homeowner, I appreciate the effort.

There was some chatter the other day with all the fundraising e-mails. Today, Fran Daniel penned a summary of the construction and renovation projects on campus.

Wake says 10-year, $625 million construction projects enhances the residential experience on campus

576c98df54866.preview.jpg

"...The major refurbishment and improvements include: new doors, windows, floors and ceilings. The bathrooms are being gutted and remodeled. A new HVAC system, adding a fresher make-up will be installed. Closets in the rooms are being removed and will be replaced with wardrobes that have built-in drawers; this will assist in providing more livable space and give the rooms more furniture configuration options. There will be all new furniture that is more versatile and will resemble furniture in the newer residence hall’s furniture; desks will be narrower. New beds will be installed that are able to be adjusted to a reasonable height that will allow dressers underneath. These beds will also allow more flexibility to be bunked and unbunked as roommates wish."

http://rlh.wfu.edu/kitchin-hall-renovation-project-update/

All quad dorms will undergo these renovations

The new medical school building, which is downtown, opened on Monday. The first year class starts this upcoming Monday. There is a lot of info and pics here http://school.wakehealth.edu/ It's really impressive.

It's about time. Pretty sure the rooms were built before DNA was discovered.
It was always pretty obvious how the lead paint was painted over a million time. The white paint on the cinderblocks was so thick you could leave fingerprint impressions in it

Wake needs a serious push for research if it wants to move up rankings both undergrad and medical school. Research and athletics two things that put you on the map that somehow have been lost.

Wake needs a serious push for research if it wants to move up rankings both undergrad and medical school. Research and athletics two things that put you on the map that somehow have been lost.

The last 10 years or so have not been good for the grad school science programs.

Yeah for sure, would have been a lot easier to put the effort and money back when the pot was overflowing with money and become established. Now that money is non-existent the amount that does exist goes to places that are already world renowned before anywhere else.

Back