• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Celebrity Encounters

So you fall 100% for the couch line but are hot enough that you're turning down Third Eye Blind?

It was weird that Stephan Jenkins was 44 and I was 22. And the fact that "Semi-Charmed Life" was the first single cassette tape I ever bought for myself when I was 10. And the idea of not studying for an Ethics test to go party with a rock band just seemed wrong on some level.

Completely fair response. I really wish I could be more spontaneous sometimes.

I just bought a new couch and since you're seemingly the expert on the subject I was wondering if you could tell me if you like the color scheme

My couch is absurdly comfortable. Definitely slept on it a few times.

However, I never offer to sleep there. Maybe that's a mistake.

I spent 2 weeks falling asleep on my couch and its miserable deciding whether or not to go to your bed.

And now I just realized this isn't the chat thread.

I've met a number of celebrities and know a few personally but my favorite experience was a few years ago at Rutgers. They were having Rutgers Fest which had a much of bands and general chaos. Afterwards, we went back to my buddys frat and they were having a big Rutgers Fest party. Vanilla Ice, who was a performer, tried to get into the party and they denied him. The brothers then called every other frat and told them not to let Vanilla Ice in. So Vanilla Ice and one roadie wandered the streets of New Brunswick and eventually got jumped.

I spent 2 weeks falling asleep on my couch and its miserable deciding whether or not to go to your bed.

And now I just realized this isn't the chat thread.

i did the same thing

Met and drove a car in Obama's motorcade, played poker with Nelly a bunch, got "not now bro" from Kobe after seeing him in a hotel hallway in Vegas (asked him for a pic obv), got denied entering an elevator that had the Biebs in it (unbeknownst to me) at Atlantis

Met and drove a car in Obama's motorcade, played poker with Nelly a bunch, got "not now bro" from Kobe after seeing him in a hotel hallway in Vegas (asked him for a pic obv), got denied entering an elevator that had the Biebs in it (unbeknownst to me) at Atlantis

So with the Atlantis I imagine you've played for a living? Nelly would play at Bellagio alot in my day.

yeah, still do. Nelly still plays at the B fairly often but I knew him from home games in STL where I grew up.

I once met Michael Moore and he offered to by me a drink. I woke up the next morning with a sore rumpus and a smile on my face!

I used to chill at the picnic tables in the abandoned parking lot behind Thatcher's Dining Lounge. We had a pretty solid group out there, just drinking Barq's and shit like that. So anyway, one of the dudes who came around (wouldn't call him a regular, but he was there when we needed an extra set of eyes) had an in with the CEO of Cool Whip, and for the most part, all that came out of it was he could get us as many empty Cool Whip containers as we wanted. And I'm not knocking him on that, because most of us collected marbles in that day and age, so those containers were pretty fucking money.

One week though, one of the biggest competitive break dance troops in the country was barnstorming through town, and guess who was sponsering their match? Motherfucking Cool Whip. So we got free tickets in the front row for this break dance competition, and I kid you not, it was probably the sickest thing I ever saw, so I start chanting "Sickest thing I ever saw! Sickest thing I ever saw!." And the stranger sitting next to me taps me on the shoulder, looks me dead in the eye as I turn towards him, and says "If you think that's the sickest thing you ever saw, then feast your eyes on this" and he stabs me in the neck with a syringe. I didn't get it right away, but he was going for like the double meaning of "sick", like a play on words sort of things. So it was a pretty good prank if you think about it. But anyway, it turned out he gave me a home brewed infection he concocted called "Turkey Pox" (non-medical term. they named it that because I had scabs all over like chicken pox, and my neck swelled up to make it look like I had a turkey gullet).

Knocked me out of commission for about 9 months, but during that time, I had to drain the fluid out of my turkey gullet and bring it to the local veterinarian, because through a pretty random string of events, we figured out Turkey Pox was only harmful to humans and monkeys, and actually cured even severe cases of nausea in most lambs. During this time, I developed a pretty good rapport with this vet, so when my gullet was finally gone and I had no more lamb medicine left to provide him, he invited me over his house for a farewell meal. Wasn't too excited to talk about hamsters with fevers and that kinda bullshit for three hours but I went anyway and everything was pretty normal until he got a call on his land line. Some guy was having a panic attack because his dog was sick, so the doc told the guy to bring the dog over. The guy got there about 45 minutes later, and the doc was in the bathroom dropping one, so I answered the door for him.

I opened up the door, and I'll never forget as long as I live, I saw a big fat guy with a mustache holding a golden retriever. We got to talking and as I started to piece together in my head what was going on, thinking about asking if I was seeing who I thought I was seeing, the Doc comes out of the bathroom and says "What seems to be the problem, Shadow?". Fucking Shadow from Homeward Bound. Right in front me. Didn't even know it at first.

Since you're a poker player and have a Kobe story, I heard a story one night where Kobe and Antonio both had tables at this one kinda smaller club in Vegas, and started trying to out-do eachother with how many bottled they'd buy. Antonio ended up buying all the Cristal (18 bottles or something) they had and Kobe ended up leaving pissed.

There is a similar story about Phil Ivey. Apparently some businessmen recognized him and bought him a bottle of Cristal. Ivey returned the favor by buying them 2 bottles. The businessmen sent 2 more, Ivey sent more back with a note that said "I won't stop."

Back