• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
protectionism isnt a ladder to get yourself out of a low growth trap. it is a shovel to dig yourself deeper.

Can I fly directly there for educational/job research reasons?

HuskyDeac had a solid post on Cuba a few months back, let me see if I can find it.

Since I'm going to Tanzania in October, I should get Rosetta Stone for Swahili yes?

Was it related to a promotion or did they just decide to give you all the moneys?

the latter. the company hired a consultant to check out our department and it seemed the consensus was that my job was rather underpaid. I'm hoping for more responsibilities though, especially if I could leverage that into additional increases.

Or was it related to all that extra work you took on when that lady took maternity leave?

that was definitely mentioned in my review for my contributions to the department, but I got a bonus for that already.

don't think I've ever heard of a consultant saying someone's underpaid (other than themselves)

whenever we design a page, my boss always complains about how hard it is to read on a phone, no matter how big we make the font size, and it's tough for me to just say maybe you are old

I hope it's wcag 2.0 compliant!

HuskyDeac had a solid post on Cuba a few months back, let me see if I can find it.

Since I'm going to Tanzania in October, I should get Rosetta Stone for Swahili yes?

Just holler at the 2005 UNC basketball team. I'm sure they all remember it.

Oh good Alex Jones is advising Trump

Llama bout to be in the White House in like two months

don't think I've ever heard of a consultant saying someone's underpaid (other than themselves)

:noidea: seems surprising to me too, but I think that's what my manager mentioned. It might also be because post-merger they needed a number of new hires in other offices, so it may have been a matter of figuring out what this position is worth.

the latter. the company hired a consultant to check out our department and it seemed the consensus was that my job was rather underpaid. I'm hoping for more responsibilities though, especially if I could leverage that into additional increases.

Merger FTW.

On an unrelated note, what % raise do people consider a good raise vs a meh raise assuming no promotion or job change. Lets say for people in their 30's, cause raises happen quick when you're younger but then can slow down once you settle in.

our scheduled raises are 2.5-5% based on merit

a 10% raise would only come if you got a new title here

but it's a nonprofit

when i got the role i have now, i got like a 35% raise

don't think i'll get more than 5% per year for a few years

I don't know most people our generation change jobs way more often and thus every job change comes with a raise.

Seems like the standard raises don't even keep up with inflation, so we just get poorer

Can I fly directly there for educational/job research reasons?

You should scope out the flights from Belize while you're there if you don't want to deal with the US government. You can avoid getting stamped on each end if you talk with the border people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back