• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
guyssss I got a really sweet raise and I am so excited. maybe I can reno my bathroom this year!

'grats. hoping for the same as when I was hired it was originally for a 1-year position, but in between me interviewing/accepting the job, the person I was supposed to temporarily replace was fired. so it was then always a kind of yeah we assume you're permanent, otherwise we'd have to hire someone. but nothing ever official. brought it up to our dept VP who was visiting from Europe a few weeks ago and she was like we need a new appointment letter for you, and you should get more money, too. any day now!

I use the CT the other way. It is a place for getting things off my chest.

I haven't told anyone that I'm considering this besides the GF. Although my friends here have already begun busting my balls about it. Once they met her, saw us together and found out she was moving back, the "so when are you moving back" questions started coming in fast.

Also, I'm happy to point out to the chat thread that I've known braskyGF for almost fifteen years and she's not at all rash or the braskyinlove-type.... Unlike some of brasky's more recent love interests.

'grats. hoping for the same as when I was hired it was originally for a 1-year position, but in between me interviewing/accepting the job, the person I was supposed to temporarily replace was fired. so it was then always a kind of yeah we assume you're permanent, otherwise we'd have to hire someone. but nothing ever official. brought it up to our dept VP who was visiting from Europe a few weeks ago and she was like we need a new appointment letter for you, and you should get more money, too. any day now!

:woot: hope it's soon and plentiful!

Also, I'm happy to point out to the chat thread that I've known braskyGF for almost fifteen years and she's not at all rash or the braskyinlove-type.... Unlike some of brasky's more recent love interests.

So does Brasky make otherwise rational women dive right in?

No. Watching people prepare a meal does not fascinate me.

0ebb03cbd7bafc2a01f97899329893ad-gordonramsay06.gif

whenever we design a page, my boss always complains about how hard it is to read on a phone, no matter how big we make the font size, and it's tough for me to just say maybe you are old

Missed a deadline due to the fucking admin fucking shit up. Not a huge problem for the other party, but makes us look incompetent, which I guess we are.

Pulling the trigger on a vacation to where we did our honeymoon for our anniversary this year. Definitely need something to look forward to.

Missed a deadline due to the fucking admin fucking shit up. Not a huge problem for the other party, but makes us look incompetent, which I guess we are.

I just fired my secretary for being a psycho, incompetent shit stirrer. My new secretary (that I worked with at another firm) seems to be working out. Staff can make your life miserable or so much easier.

Or was it related to all that extra work you took on when that lady took maternity leave?

speaking of rtq and money it's time for more #401kchat. My current employer has Fidelity and I contribute the maximum amount that they match up to...and I finally went in and looked at what's in there since I had Fidelity at a job many moons ago and wanted to combine the two. I didn't contribute at my previous job because we were saving more money that way, but looking at how little money is in my 401K now worries me. Guess I need to increase my contribution, but probably should when for when/if I get a raise or my wife gets a full-time job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back