• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJKarl Given 1 Point by LK, Later Rescinded !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think so. He might also have time to be a slum lord though.

This is the first time in a decade that I’ve lived in the general vicinity of my mom so I thought it would be nice for us to do something for mother’s day. I text my dad to suggest that and ask him if they had any plans. He simply wrote back “That’s a terrible day to go anywhere” and nothing else. Okay dad good talk.

I’m taking my wife to a Jazz Brunch at a country club. Any idea where I can figure out what that dress code might be?

when I was a kid my family hosted a kid from Belarus who was in the impact zone Chernobyl so he could do a battery of medical exams, etc.

he was with us for like a month and a half

Samesies! I think I was around 4th grade? And we had two little girls stay with us (Tanya and Julia). I think my mom connected with one of them on FB recently?

Went to the Met Opera theater simulcast today for Poulenc’s Dialogues des Carmelites and wow, one of the more powerful watching experiences of my life. I’m in love with Isabel Leonard.

Now about to see Apollo 11.

Nearly every straight teenage boy had a crush on Peggy Lipton from the Mod Squad.

A new generation was taken by her on Twin Peaks (and then the reboot).

She had an incredible life being married to Quincy Jones and having two accomplished daughters. Boring was not part of her existence.

RIP

They opened a comedy club in the neighborhood. I went last night to see Brian Posehn. He was really funny.

He brought Brad Wenzel as an opening act and he did an excellent job. If he comes to your town, you should see him as well.

They had a good crowd, but the venue has not done very much promotion. I talked about a dozen locals and no one knew this place existed.

not sure if this is a humble brag or not, but it's really lame you can't stream HBO Go in a foreign country.

whoever posts the s33 tags is one strange human

Barca, where are you in Colombia? It's really high up on my next vacation list.

Colombia is pretty awesome. I just went to Cartagena like a month ago and had a blast. Only was there for like 4 days though so definitely want to go back and check out Medellin and possibly Bogota as well. I know Brasky has been also and I have 2 other real life friends who went last year so it’s definitely becoming a popular destination.

I’m in Medellin for work. Was supposed to arrive Saturday night giving me all day yesterday to explore, but flight issues caused me to get in yesterday afternoon. I was able to get out for a bit yesterday at least. I’m here for a trade show that starts tomorrow so my plan is to drop some materials at our booth in a bit and get out to see the city for much of the day. It’s gorgeous here.

sports night

TTR is a great strategy game that CASUALS can learn/play/enjoy in one night.

Catan is the same if you get through the first game.

I’m in Medellin for work. Was supposed to arrive Saturday night giving me all day yesterday to explore, but flight issues caused me to get in yesterday afternoon. I was able to get out for a bit yesterday at least. I’m here for a trade show that starts tomorrow so my plan is to drop some materials at our booth in a bit and get out to see the city for much of the day. It’s gorgeous here.

Medellin is my jam. Would move there if the wife would let me. It was our favorite part of our honeymoon.

If you haven't gone yet, you have to go check out Comuna 13 and take the escalators up and now. Very very cool and sureal. The graffiti and artists who hang out there are pretty cool too.

Medellin is my jam. Would move there if the wife would let me. It was our favorite part of our honeymoon.

If you haven't gone yet, you have to go check out Comuna 13 and take the escalators up and now. Very very cool and sureal. The graffiti and artists who hang out there are pretty cool too.

Yup on the list for today. I just went to the Pueblita Paisa last night which is touristy as all get out, but there seemed to be tons of locals there having a nice Sunday afternoon and enjoying the views.

*up and down

Awesome! We took the metro and then tried to walk to the escalators, which ended up in Google Maps getting us very lost. So we walked all the way to the top accidentally, and ended up having a local lead us through alley ways and front porches until we found the rails that led to the Graffiti Park.

I would probably advise against that though. Just suck it up and book a tour. The guides seemed pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back