• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Something is up with Jake - outside of his gem at San Diego, he is struggling with his pitch counts and going deep into games. I am a lot more confident with Hendricks or Lester on the mound right now. Even Lackey to an extent - with Lack you know what you are going to get, 6-7 innings, 2-4 runs given up, a couple of homeruns, but it is more predictable - Jake is erratic.

Joe (Maddon, not West) is LEGEND doe. Brilliant get thrown out to get the bullpen some werk move

Hendricks threw an absolute gem. I enjoyed Len and JD talking about the combination of pitching and defense the team has received this year. Top shelf.

That game was not Hammels fault, our offense was pathetic with runners on - we left the bases loaded twice in the first 4 innings and in the 3rd we had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and didnt score - and I havent seen the box score, but Bryant must have had like 12 runners left on base himself, he was horrible with his plate discipline last night.

John Lester with eight innings of shutout baseball gains his 17th win as the Cubs beat the Cards 7-0. Ross with a two run homer and Rizzo with a solo and a two run HR.

Over his last six starts Lester has pitched 42.2 innings and allowed 24 hits and 3 runs. He is tied for the NL lead in wins with 17 and is second in MLB with a 2.40 ERA. That should warrant serious consideration for the Cy Young award.

Nice to make the Cards path to the playoffs a little more difficult.

Let's wrap it up tomorrow!

Cards needed that series a lot more than we did - I think they are toast. We'll see with this trip to SF, but they didn't play hungry at all.

Despite the loss of some top prospects in trades this summer, two Cub farm teams were league champions. The Myrtle Beach Pelicans (A advanced) won the Carolina League Championship and the Eugene Emeralds (A short season) won the Northwest League Championship.

Back