• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Plus Baez is a tagger extraordinaire*.

*- yeah, he probably didn't touch Lindor

The 7th was a game ender. The bats will not be resurrected. Oh whale move on to tomorrow. We just need one in Cleveland.

When Lester struggled in the first the Indians got the lead they needed and Kluber, Miller and Allen made it stand up. Kluber was as good as it gets. Francona has a formula for winning this post season. The Cubs will need to score early.

Bizarre Lester can hit corners of the plate but can't toss over to first to keep the runner close.

So we have Jake vs. Trevor tonight and an early start due to rain. How we feeling about grabbing game 2?

We got Miller's pitch count to the highest it's been all season (46), so unsure if he will go tonight, and definitely not for as long as he went last night.

Need to get on the board first and give Jake some run support.

Cubs looked decent against non-Kluber - just got plagued by Ks and batting with RISP, which was our issue last year. Hoping Maddon plays Heyward this game, I think he is due - maybe not against Bauer, because JHey cant catch up to a fastball to save his life, but if he gets a change or a curve, just maybe.

Ross holds up on that slider and its likely a different game last night - not feeling that bad about it, Kluber was just amaze, that slider/2 seamer whatever thing to the lefties was just ridiculous, 90 MPH+ with that movement is unhittable.

I hate thread titles that are not updated. If you're going to put a "status" in the thread title, don't let it go stale. If you can't keep up with it, then keep it more generic.

#getoffmylawn

Seems like the general MLB thread is dead, so I'm crashing this party.

I hate Joe Buck more than almost any announcer, with the exception of Vitale and maybe a few others, but his point last night about the starting pitching heavily favoring the Cubs was salient. That said, if the Indians can scratch out a win in a non-Kluber start, they have to think they're in great shape.

The fact remains we are unbeaten this postseason against starters not named Bumgarner, Kershaw, Rich Hill (he of his 2.12 ERA this year) and Corey Kluber

I don't know why I'm so positive, but I think we're going to destroy Bauer tonight. We got good looks and were patient last night, just caught Kluber on a great night.

Seems like the general MLB thread is dead, so I'm crashing this party.

I hate Joe Buck more than almost any announcer, with the exception of Vitale and maybe a few others, but his point last night about the starting pitching heavily favoring the Cubs was salient. That said, if the Indians can scratch out a win in a non-Kluber start, they have to think they're in great shape.

Buck is terribad.

#Cubs lineup: Fowler CF, Bryant 3B, Riz 1B, Zobrist LF, Schwarber DH, Baez 2B, Contreras C, Soler RF, Russell SS

Back