• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

#Cubs lineup: Fowler CF, Bryant 3B, Riz 1B, Zobrist LF, Schwarber DH, Baez 2B, Contreras C, Soler RF, Russell SS

Jason Heyward sits again even though Bauer is a RHP. He's a $184 million pinch-runner and defensive replacement.

I mean, he at least usually puts the ball in play - a grounder gets a run home last night when his spot was due up and Contreras hit. I really dont get it.

Heyward has one of the worst slugging percentages of any National League starter. I get it. What I don't get is Russell hitting 9th.

I mean, he at least usually puts the ball in play - a grounder gets a run home last night when his spot was due up and Contreras hit. I really dont get it.

So let's go with a guy who maybe will get productive outs over a guy who might maybe actually be able to get a base hit?

And in the case of the 7th inning last night which you reference, against a left-handed pitcher no less?

??????????

So let's go with a guy who maybe will get productive outs over a guy who might maybe actually be able to get a base hit?

Who? Soler (0-10, BB - slashes .224/.328/.421 against righties)? Cogs (0-6, BB)? Not sure any of that is better than Heyward.

Heyward has one of the worst slugging percentages of any National League starter. I get it. What I don't get is Russell hitting 9th.

Guessing to increase the odds of getting guys on base when it turns over to Fowler, Bryant, Rizzo.

Hey NL dumbasses, it's because we have the DESIGNATED HITTER in the AL and the pitcher doesn't get to bat ninth.

Guessing to increase the odds of getting guys on base when it turns over to Fowler, Bryant, Rizzo.

Ok that makes sense. But, he drove in 90 runs this year, so you would like to have guys on base when he comes up too.

Alright nice start. Rizzo getting hot could be the key to this series.

We need some chatter up here boys, Game 1 was silent and the #vibes were non-existent

At least we survived this 1st inning pitcher lose control session

Back