• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

It’s hilarious how there were like 5 articles yesterday that I read on the Cubs and almost all of them were “they don’t swing enough, they don’t have time to wait, the Indians throw strikes.” Fast forward 24 hours and the SAME WRITERS are writing how the Cubs patience is going to win them the title.

Our 3-4-5 batters came up 15 times and saw 76 pitches.

I doubt Schwarber will be medically cleared to take the field at Wrigley, and even if he is, there are a ton of concerns about both reinjuring his knee with quick lateral movements in the outfield, as well as his ability to even field when healthy.

I think he will be relegated to a high leverage pinch hitter and MAYBE if he is cleared medically to play 2-3 innings late if necessary.

Warbird jerseys were all on clearance earlier this year, still might be able to get one cheap.

I doubt Schwarber will be medically cleared to take the field at Wrigley, and even if he is, there are a ton of concerns about both reinjuring his knee with quick lateral movements in the outfield, as well as his ability to even field when healthy.

I think he will be relegated to a high leverage pinch hitter and MAYBE if he is cleared medically to play 2-3 innings late if necessary.

Late would be less ideal, if cleared, would assume they might do a switch back and forth in the outfield based on the batter.

Jake didn't look his sharpest last night over the first couple, but had a stretch where he was picking his spots and making guys look silly.

This Kyle story really is completely ridiculous.

Jake didn't look his sharpest last night over the first couple, but had a stretch where he was picking his spots and making guys look silly.

This Kyle story really is completely ridiculous.

This is vintage Jake - effectively wild. That stretch last year may not come back, but this is him now, 3-4 BBs per game, 5-10ks, 6 innings, 100 pitches. Its still really good.

Schwarber or Baez jersey when I get in Friday? I'll let this thread decide.

Schwarber. Dude also needs a better nickname than Schwarbs.

Brasky, if you are looking for free bars near Wrigley, I'd recommend Sports Corner and Vine's on Clark. Sports Corner will be better for the actual game, but Vines on Clark had a cool outdoor area (pre-gamed there for Pearl Jam)...been to Sports Corner after many Wrigley games/concerts.

http://vineswrigley.com/

http://sportscornerwrigley.com/

And neither are charging a cover for the WS.

This is vintage Jake - effectively wild. That stretch last year may not come back, but this is him now, 3-4 BBs per game, 5-10ks, 6 innings, 100 pitches. Its still really good.

Oh yeah and it's fun to watch too, albeit pretty nerve wracking.

Schwarber. Dude also needs a better nickname than Schwarbs.

Brasky, if you are looking for free bars near Wrigley, I'd recommend Sports Corner and Vine's on Clark. Sports Corner will be better for the actual game, but Vines on Clark had a cool outdoor area (pre-gamed there for Pearl Jam)...been to Sports Corner after many Wrigley games/concerts.

http://vineswrigley.com/

http://sportscornerwrigley.com/

And neither are charging a cover for the WS.

Thanks for both pieces of advice. I went to Vines when I was up there in July. It was a legit spot.

I apologize for the humble brag, but my company decided to spend an absurd amount of money on tickets to send me, a colleague and two important clients to tonight's game. And honestly, I still can't believe it. Other than my wedding and the birth of my kids, I've never been more excited for anything.

I apologize for the humble brag, but my company decided to spend an absurd amount of money on tickets to send me, a colleague and two important clients to tonight's game. And honestly, I still can't believe it. Other than my wedding and the birth of my kids, I've never been more excited for anything.

Check your #whiteprivilege.

Reactions: BTB
Just got free tickets to Game 5 - hopefully its to watch Lester clinch. Now to look for flights.

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 1-1 Chicago Bound

White Sox fans are getting totally dissed in all this Cubs fan douchery. #allivesmatter

Just got free tickets to Game 5 - hopefully its to watch Lester clinch. Now to look for flights.

Holy shit that's awesome fellas.

If either of you happen to stumble into tickets for any game this weekend feel free to help a brother out.

I should be in town by 4:30 this afternoon. I'm so fucking pumped.

Back