• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Arrieta has done a nice job keeping it going despite these long breaks. Keep it up beardo!

Got news for Smoltzie - that "new style" has been going on for about 15 years now

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 3-2 Chicago Bound

IDK but I would trust our superior starting pitching and get him 2-3 ABs. Feel free to sub in Almora or Heyward if we have a lead in the 7th or later.

The right field bleachers are calling for him

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 3-2 Chicago Bound

Remind again about how left hand throwing Heyward is a superior RFer.

He's a bum

Montgomery did a good job coming back to get out of the inning. The more I see of him the more I am impressed. Cubs couldn't afford to give up any more runs and let the Indians back in the game.

It took long enough but the Cubs get a win. Take an early lead, add to it, get good starting pitching and let the bullpen finish it off. Cubs left 13 runners on base, never getting the big hit that would break it open. Of course, DaDeacs would respond that getting 19 runners on base is not a problem. True.

No chance he gets cleared for defense, but if by some crazy reason he is - almora or jhey has to cover all or right and right center with dex covering the other 40% and warbird hanging out on the line

Y'all better hope you don't win the next two, because you don't wanna be up 3-1 on Cleveland in the Finals.

FWIW, I don't like the idea of Schwarber in the outfield. Two reasons. Schwarber's health and a misplayed fly ball with runners on base.

Disagreed with all you haters. Schwarbs is our 2nd or 3rd best hitter right now. He needs to play.

Back