• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Search Digest *Welcome Coach Manning!**

Unless Ron Wellman leaves Wake Forest, I seriously doubt we hire Mack.

With the pool of candidates available, Wellman probably acting like a kid in the candy store. I fear Classic FU coming.

I hope Shaka makes his decision soon so we can move to the next candidate if he says no. I'm not expecting him to come to Wake, but I'm not denying that karma owes us a small favor, either.

well-we-re-waiting-o.gif

I think Shaka has come to a decision and isn't going anywhere. VCU probably wants to get in the grove of not having to have a press conference every year just to say that their coach isn't leaving them.

I hope Shaka makes his decision soon so we can move to the next candidate if he says no. I'm not expecting him to come to Wake, but I'm not denying that karma owes us a small favor, either.

Karma is a deadbeat.

Bump for those not following the mega-thread. Deman on the 247 Board says rumors are out there that the deal is done. No info on who it is.

Been out of town the last 5 days - thanks for the summary thread OGB. Based on watching some of the NCAAT and what I've read about Miller, I've become much higher on him. I'd put him at the head of Tier 2 ahead of White and Manning. But is Miller now out of it? Heard he signed an extension at Dayton before the NCAAT started. And the more I think about it, the less I like the thought of Howland. He'd be almost as expensive as Smart/Marshall but would come with staff/recruiting questions and the UCLA baggage.

And I throw up a little in my mouth at the thought of Mack. He took over a solid Xavier team and has done a solid job, but I'm just not excited. The other thing that bothers me with him is the "culture" thing. I thought he got completely outclassed by Mike Cronin of Cincy in the aftermath of the Holloway fight 2-3 years ago. Cronin, as I recall, took responsibility for his players' roles in the incident and said he'd make sure it wouldn't happen again - really liked the way he dealt with it. But Mack deflected blame off his player and made excuses - came across as very Buzzdickian of him. Anyway, please tell me we aren't hiring Mack.

Dino Gaudino is considered reliable information?

In my estimation, The only way it makes sense that a deal is done and it hasn't been leaked is that its likely del Negro.

Brad Stevens? Boston's season is over April 16. Any chance?

Back