• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Per Twitter:

UVA coach Tony Bennett on this postgame handshake exchange with K on Allen's winner. TB: "I think he traveled." K: "I think he got fouled."

allen took about 5 steps and announcers said nothing

36290900a08720131753d01f63a97ccc.jpg

So I guess Duke and the media will pander for this win being overturned too, right?

11 of the top 25 teams lost their last game.
Let's hear it for upsets.
Whoever wins it all could have 6-8 losses, maybe more.

I was curious about how our recent streak of futility compares to other teams in the power 7 basketball conferences. Since misery loves company, here’s a comparative view of our suckiness.

Big 12: The longest current losing streak in the league is 2 games -- K State and Texas (fire Shaka?).

SEC: Prior to their win over Tennessee on Saturday, the once-proud Missouri Tigers had lost 9 in a row. Auburn is the current conference “leader” with 7 consecutive losses.

PAC 12: Washington State has lost 11 in a row. The best chance for a win in their remaining games is at home against Stanford on Thursday night.

Atlantic 10: LaSalle has lost 10 in a row. Their “streak” will likely be at 13 when they host George Mason on Feb. 27. Should they lose that one, St Louis (Kenpom #257) is up next on March 3. Except for an inexplicable win over Dayton on Jan.9, the Explorers would be winless in 2016 and losers of 18 in row.

Big East: St. Johns is winless in 2016 and has lost 16 in a row. They will play DePaul (Kenpom #165) at home on Wednesday and away on Feb 25. Hope springs eternal.

Big 10: Rutgers and Minnesota are also winless this year. The Scarlet Knights have lost 12 in a row; the Gophers have lost 14. The Big 10 battle for futility will be settled on the court. Rutgers is at Minnesota on Feb 23, and the Gophers finish the regular season at Piscataway on Mar. 5.

ACC: BC has lost 12 in a row and is winless in 2016. Of course, our Demon Deacons have lost 10 straight since we slipped by NCSU at home on Jan 10 – the only “blemish” on our record this year.

I see where board crush from a couple of years ago Andy Enfield has usc at 18-7 & on the bubble.

Why is State so bad? I understand they're thin, only playing 7 guys, but it's still a pretty talented bunch - a good PG, 3 capable bigs and some decent wings. They were tied at half last night but then panicked in the middle of the 2nd half and promptly got blown out.

UVA played a shite 1st half defensively last night but came out and only allowed 15 points in the first 18:00 of the 2nd half till scrub time. They're going through a decent stretch, but Hall is getting picked on defensively, and Thompson has disappeared on both ends of the court. The other thing I don't like what I'm seeing is they're not looking to the post as much in their blocker mover offense, and they're often ending up taking crap shots late in the clock. Gill and Tobey can score down low and often draw doubles when they get the ball. They need to get it more often early in the clock.

BTW, we had the best halftime show I've seen all year thus far - the German Wheel guy.

Why is State so bad? I understand they're thin, only playing 7 guys, but it's still a pretty talented bunch - a good PG, 3 capable bigs and some decent wings. They were tied at half last night but then panicked in the middle of the 2nd half and promptly got blown out.

UVA played a shite 1st half defensively last night but came out and only allowed 15 points in the first 18:00 of the 2nd half till scrub time. They're going through a decent stretch, but Hall is getting picked on defensively, and Thompson has
disappeared on both ends of the court. The other thing I don't like what I'm seeing is they're not looking to the post as much in their blocker mover offense, and they're often ending up taking crap shots late in the clock. Gill and Tobey can score down low and often draw doubles when they get the ball. They need to get it more often early in the clock.

BTW, we had the best halftime show I've seen all year thus far - the German Wheel guy.

I don't get it either. State isn't good per se but seems like they could be a fringe tourney team with that lineup.

UVA played a shite 1st half defensively last night but came out and only allowed 15 points in the first 18:00 of the 2nd half till scrub time. They're going through a decent stretch, but Hall is getting picked on defensively, and Thompson has disappeared on both ends of the court. The other thing I don't like what I'm seeing is they're not looking to the post as much in their blocker mover offense, and they're often ending up taking crap shots late in the clock. Gill and Tobey can score down low and often draw doubles when they get the ball. They need to get it more often early in the clock.

This is a carbon copy of what Gottfried did at Alabama. Big time recruiter, but very average to below average in game coach and talent developer. The fact that Trevor Lacey was a 5 star recruit out of high school, and he wasn't 1 iota better after 4 years of Gott coaching is pretty damning.

I'm putting this out there! Wake wins tonight...I don't know how and I don't know why....but they win tonight. It'll be nice to roll into our "super bowl" with a W. Keep the faith peeps, keep the faith!

I'm putting this out there! Wake wins tonight...I don't know how and I don't know why....but they win tonight. It'll be nice to roll into our "super bowl" with a W. Keep the faith peeps, keep the faith!

I love how there are always 1 or 2 posters who claim a Wake win on game day. If we throw enough shit at the wall something is bound to stick, amirite???

With that said, I sure hope you're onto something.

Back