• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Terrible coaching by Roy there just gave duke that game. Fuck that team has so many douches on it. Allen might be worse than JJ with that bullshit head flop nonsense.

Plumlee playing with 4 fouls and you're content with your guards forcing shots instead of feeding Brice the ball.

Pretty much why UNC ain't doing shit in this year's NCAAT. Bozo move on Roy's part not to call timeout to set up a shot.

Roy badly out coached here. Feed it inside for like every shot. If your guards can't do that, bench them.

Holes still doing less with more talent. Like someone else said, they should have blown dook out.

I understand Duke/UNC is a big game. I get that.

But, exactly what in the fuck is ESPN doing? Seriously. I mean, they're even showing players boarding the bus to leave for Derm. The post-game "analysis" (ass-kissing) has gone an hour and beyond worthless.

Unbelievable.

Roy badly out coached here. Feed it inside for like every shot. If your guards can't do that, bench them.

Holes still doing less with more talent. Like someone else said, they should have blown dook out.

Amen! Roy just gives his team the run run run offense and they have no plays. Get the damn ball inside with who they have & what Duke does not have. Fundamental coaching 101. Guess that is why K has 5 titles.

The new "emphasis" bullshit is making stars out of foul suckers. Sure, Barber's a good player, but he's taken 224 free throws this year so far. Last year he shot 150 total. Totally changing the game and encouraging soccer-style foul flops.

That is the whole point--to reward the offense and get the defense back to playing defense with their feet instead of bump & run and with their hands.

Look at Texas Tech beating Oklahoma for their third straight win vs a top 25 team (Iowa St. and Baylor). I had no idea Tubby Smith was their coach, and I also loved seeing Kingsbury by the locker room high fiving the guys. Having the football and basketball teams supporting each other seems to work pretty well. Seems like it was decades ago since Wake had a similar situation...

[video]https://amp.twimg.com/v/ac504ec1-b0ef-4f20-b204-ac67c0b79c47[/video]

Brice Johnson took one shot in the last 12 minutes. Did not draw a foul during that time.

Look at Texas Tech beating Oklahoma for their third straight win vs a top 25 team (Iowa St. and Baylor). I had no idea Tubby Smith was their coach, and I also loved seeing Kingsbury by the locker room high fiving the guys. Having the football and basketball teams supporting each other seems to work pretty well. Seems like it was decades ago since Wake had a similar situation...

[video]https://amp.twimg.com/v/ac504ec1-b0ef-4f20-b204-ac67c0b79c47[/video]

Wake could have had Tubby. He wanted to come here.

That is the whole point--to reward the offense and get the defense back to playing defense with their feet instead of bump & run and with their hands.

Yeah but if this is the case you've gotta start calling more offensive fouls when the offensive guy initiates the contact. Defenders are getting called for arm bars and hand checks but when the offensive guy leans in and displaces the defender, the defender can't do anything.

Back