• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

...as an add-on, I glanced through some of Pitts forums earlier. They don't seem to be real thrilled with Dixon or their team at this point. They've beaten ND and SYR this year, but no other real 'marquee' wins to speak of. Of course, WF is the best remedy for a team in a downward spiral!

WF will cure what ails your team! :(

Wish we had us on our schedule twice this season.

I was looking at the odds & today Wake is +600 to win the game. That is the same exact odds being offered for the Patriots to win Super Bowl 51. Which one is more likely? I'd have to think winning one basketball game over an average team is more likely than the Pats hoisting the Lombardi next February. Reality though is that neither is likely to occur.

+600 is certainly tempting from a risk/reward standpoint. A lot more tempting than taking the Deacs +11, anyway.

Now that there's a charge circle, the new Duke Flop has to be this bullshit head jerk move they keep doing. So far Mini Ted Cruz has 3 of them, Kennard's tried it twice, and even Ingram tried it once. Think it's drawn at least 3 fouls on the 6 attempts. It's ideally used when a defender has moved his feet to stay in perfect defensive position. As soon as the offensive player creates contact heading away from the basket - jerk that head back like someone just grabbed your shoulders and stare at the nearest ref in wide-eyed disbelief.

Now that there's a charge circle, the new Duke Flop has to be this bullshit head jerk move they keep doing. So far Mini Ted Cruz has 3 of them, Kennard's tried it twice, and even Ingram tried it once. Think it's drawn at least 3 fouls on the 6 attempts. It's ideally used when a defender has moved his feet to stay in perfect defensive position. As soon as the offensive player creates contact heading away from the basket - jerk that head back like someone just grabbed your shoulders and stare at the nearest ref in wide-eyed disbelief.

Kennard does it every time he drives to the basket. Wasn't sure it was intentional at first, now it seems to be deliberate. Awful.

Brice Johnson is putting together another monster game. Dude is playing like a man on fire out there. He's got to be in hunt for the ACC POY, right?

Yep- Johnson is the front runner on highest ranked ACC team as well.

Barber likely has no shot at cow college.

Does Jeter not count as a player, what is this "only 5 guys" bullshit the announcers keep spinning.

I get ABC, especially if you grew up in the Carolinas. But the small things like that (allen just did it again) make Duke so much worse, IMO.

Johnson en fuego- think it's time for 'ol Roy to sit him for the rest of the game ala Moore?! :(

The new "emphasis" bullshit is making stars out of foul suckers. Sure, Barber's a good player, but he's taken 224 free throws this year so far. Last year he shot 150 total. Totally changing the game and encouraging soccer-style foul flops.

Ingram is such a tool. I could see why Harry G doesnt want to share chicks with him

Back