• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 116: Is That A Margarita Runnin Down Your Leg Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe I could benefit from someone else joining a meat CSA. I still don't have a grill of course and also they'd probably be like "here are a bunch of random animal organs, have fun!" and no just normal meat. plus usually the options are too much for one person.

ok, i'm calling in sick on thursday. i'll have something like food poisoning or that thing tsy said. woohoooooooo for a shopping day in the middle of the week :)

People are able to do this without feeling guilty?

maybe I could benefit from someone else joining a meat CSA. I still don't have a grill of course and also they'd probably be like "here are a bunch of random animal organs, have fun!" and no just normal meat. plus usually the options are too much for one person.

Most are now going to a model where you can say how many people you want your box to feed. For instance, you typically have a 1-2 person box, Family Size box, and Family CSA Lovers Box. The Lovers Box is the largest.

but a real procedure would have a recovery period. if i call in sick, it's going to be on thursday because i want to go shopping with a friend and she's free then. if i show up to work on friday after having a "procedure" on thursday, that's obviously fake.

i have a coworker who calls in for cramps once a month, every month. another good one is a migraine if you're known to get them.

I'm sure people who cook better and more often than I do could get through a small box in a week or before the veggies spoiled, but I'm only likely to have time (well... to make the tine) to shop for and cook a new recipe like once a week, so if the veg weren't something that could be eaten raw or used all at once, I probably still wouldn't be able to use it without waste.

for district

ND2hEFP.gif

that sounds awesome. except I am too chicken to join a CSA because I don't know how to cook all those random veggies. most of my friends are in some CSAs in Winston and they usually end up with mass quantities of all this odd stuff. I've never heard of a meat CSA

youtube

I'm sure people who cook better and more often than I do could get through a small box in a week or before the veggies spoiled, but I'm only likely to have time (well... to make the tine) to shop for and cook a new recipe like once a week, so if the veg weren't something that could be eaten raw or used all at once, I probably still wouldn't be able to use it without waste.

pretty much any veggie can be chopped up and sauteed w/ some garlic and EVOO. toss it with pasta and some parm cheese, and boom. takes care of everything from rainbow chard to eggplant.

we didn't end up joining the meat csa because it was a bit cost prohibitive. we already had a deal with some neighbors down the street for a barter situation (heads up deacinvermont, this sounds like your neck of the woods) where we would give things from our garden as well as tutoring to their young ones in exchange for eggs, milk, and cheese.

i know my pops did a meat csa type thing where he bought like half a cow and had to buy a chest freezer to store it. he has steaks for weeks though.

pretty much any veggie can be chopped up and sauteed w/ some garlic and EVOO. toss it with pasta and some parm cheese, and boom. takes care of everything from rainbow chard to eggplant.

with leftover veggies, you can just roast them, pretty much no exception. we'd take all the leftovers when they were starting to turn, do the evoo/garlic/salt/pepper thing and just roast them into a delicious veggie mush and eat them in wraps.

yep, i pretty much just saute all veggies (except for stuff like cucumbers that you don't really usually eat cooked). most all veggies can be mixed together pretty well too. finally learned that this year with our garden. i used to always just use one veggie at a time as a side for dinner. but none of our plants really produce enough each week for us to have, say, a full side of okra. but we can mix okra and tomatoes and spinach, and together there's enough.

EVOO, salt, pepper--done. that's it. if i feel like a little spice, i sometimes toss in some red pepper flakes or cayenne.

Yeah this is what I was thinking, I might even do a veggie CSA if it's partnered with meatzzz too.

we didn't end up joining the meat csa because it was a bit cost prohibitive. we already had a deal with some neighbors down the street for a barter situation (heads up deacinvermont, this sounds like your neck of the woods) where we would give things from our garden as well as tutoring to their young ones in exchange for eggs, milk, and cheese.

i know my pops did a meat csa type thing where he bought like half a cow and had to buy a chest freezer to store it. he has steaks for weeks though.

Oh yeah, if you have a chest freezer, the "part of an animal" deal is usually pretty awesome. Know some peeps that did this with a pig and they had some legit sausage and bacon from that venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back