• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 178: The thrill is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% same ball. 1st from my phone 2 years ago, second from the ebay listing.

a6aeab5d69da0124c70b57a76d53d7b4.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Word to the wise: Don't drink week old pineapple juice. It tastes like you've busted your lip and have blood all in your mouth.

Word to the wise: Don't drink week old pineapple juice. It tastes like you've busted your lip and have blood all in your mouth.

Hmm. I thought drinking pineapple juice was supposed to be make things taste good.

Did you get it appraised first before selling it, plama?

Did you get it appraised first before selling it, plama?

I spent a good amount of time scouting the ball on ebay and most of them seemed to sell in the $400-600 range and I was just fine not spending the $150-200 getting it authenticated and avoiding the ebay seller fees. It seems the not having any clubhouse signatures was the main difference between that and others, and that it simply is a pretty clean looking ball compared to some of the others that did sell, which looked less appealing.

Last edited:
The reactions to say hey on the Pit vs the sports board always is always good for a laugh

Palma, my wife is a baseball collectible expert. I wish you would have asked me, she could have appraised it for you :(

Why wouldn't we have a sports memorabilia expert here.

Palma, my wife is a baseball collectible expert. I wish you would have asked me, she could have appraised it for you :(

i mean even this has the value at $2000-$2,800 with Gehrig's signature (which my ball lacked, 1939 was the year he got diagnosed) So I'm failing to see why he got $5k for it.

The baseball collectible business is shady as shit. They prey on people that have no idea what their stuff is worth. A baseball is much more defensible, though, because the actual equipment can be so hard to value. Cards are such a racket.

So your wife is a shady baseball memorabilia dealer? That'd be awesome

How much for my 80s Atlanta Braves ball? It has Dale Murphy and Glenn Hubbard's names stamped on it by a real press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back