• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 178: The thrill is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
mods #important

Thanks for using the hashtag Townie! I'm glad someone knows about that function.

Also, this is the first time I've realized that District 13 requires moderators to approve threads from non-mods in that sub-forum. Lulz.

Thanks for using the hashtag Townie! I'm glad someone knows about that function.

Also, this is the first time I've realized that District 13 requires moderators to approve threads from non-mods in that sub-forum. Lulz.

I am going to start dozens of threads there and overload you all with approval requests until you IP ban BSD for 15 days

Probably should just start a thread cookout with very detailed instructions on how to use Twitter. The olds can finally learn directly where all the information comes from. It might take you the weeks leading up to the Giles announcement to have them figure it out but at least they will be to distracted by the cutting edge brand new technology to complain

Don't you work at a call center, RTQ? Or near one? Were you the one that used to call Drake on his cell phone?

I am going to start dozens of threads there and overload you all with approval requests until you IP ban BSD for 15 days

lol we don't even get notifications for those to be approved either.

Probably should just start a thread cookout with very detailed instructions on how to use Twitter. The olds can finally learn directly where all the information comes from. It might take you the weeks leading up to the Giles announcement to have them figure it out but at least they will be to distracted by the cutting edge brand new technology to complain

This isn't a bad idea, but I don't think I have the time to write up that guide atm. If someone else wants to I'd definitely endorse it/send them that way. You can put it in the technical support forum!

maybe if they started using the hashtag #important feature you would

This is true. I'm actually tempted to spend some time working on a script that actually does look for that hashtag in new posts and lemme know when and where they pop up.

This is true. I'm actually tempted to spend some time working on a script that actually does look for that hashtag in new posts and lemme know when and where they pop up.

there has to be a script somewhere to allow clickable hashtags at this point

there has to be a script somewhere to allow clickable hashtags at this point

and do what, open up all the posts with that hashtag on them? I guess that would just be having the clickable hashtag immediately open a search for the hashtag on posts.

I need to be able to click #vibes and get a list of every post it's ever been said

I'd really much rather get something like @ mentions workable so if I do @towniedeac it gives him a notification that I've mentioned him in a post. That would be sweeeet.

I'd really much rather get something like @ mentions workable so if I do @towniedeac it gives him a notification that I've mentioned him in a post. That would be sweeeet.

honestly, both features would probably be really simple to implement

honestly, both features would probably be really simple to implement

not necessarily, and would definitely make things a little heavier on the server side.. like how would you @ peeps with spaces in their names? we gonna have to require @"kathy bates" for that to work? And you have to overhaul/dig into vbulletin to modify notifications to allow those things to show up there/get removed from there once they've been acknowledged/seen.

hmm just found a mod that does it.. will have to experiment later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back