• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 178: The thrill is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Chic!

I'm doing my civic duty and researching all the people that I will vote for later tonight. There are a ton of judge openings in PA. Now I understand the constant commercials with people talking about how tough they are on crime. (Pretty excited for those to go away, btw.)

Your post reminded me of this gem:

Who, in all of college soccer, would you put in that transcendental class?

Shit, I don't know. I mean, there's a reason they're playing college soccer, right? So it's going to be rare when someone stands out way above so much that they look like they're playing a different game. I also have only watched a few games over the last few years. Harrison certainly looks better as a freshman than I have seen in a while, and a better attacking player than Wake has brought in recently, but I haven't been paying as close attention to the Deacs or the whole game, so I'm not sure I can give a good comparison.

Fixin to go get my flu shot, which is always awkward at work because they do it in a big open room, so I basically have to take off my entire shirt in full view of the public. I mean, it's great for the public, but feels weird to me. Just put up a sheet or something and give a brother a little privacy.

Fixin to go get my flu shot, which is always awkward at work because they do it in a big open room, so I basically have to take off my entire shirt in full view of the public. I mean, it's great for the public, but feels weird to me. Just put up a sheet or something and give a brother a little privacy.

Can you not just roll up your sleeve?

Serge is the GOAT.

And upon review, Serge is a year OLDER than Shevchenko, but unless someone was bullshitting me (entirely possible), they were similarly regarded coming up in their homeland. I'm biased towards the previous era though.

super stoked for matt and chic!! congrats to the whole family!

Shit, I don't know. I mean, there's a reason they're playing college soccer, right? So it's going to be rare when someone stands out way above so much that they look like they're playing a different game. I also have only watched a few games over the last few years. Harrison certainly looks better as a freshman than I have seen in a while, and a better attacking player than Wake has brought in recently, but I haven't been paying as close attention to the Deacs or the whole game, so I'm not sure I can give a good comparison.

Just in the ACC alone, Maryland had a stretch of guys - Edu, Goodson, Zusi that were clearly ready to be pros, that looked like pros among amateurs. I remember Stu Holden at Clemson from when I was in high school, he terrorized Wake.

One year at the Vidovic camp when I was a kid there were a bunch of national-team level former ACC players like Agoos, Hejduk, Pope, Olsen, Ramos. Still have a signed poster somewhere at my mom's house. I was just sad Claudio Reyna wasn't there.

Just in the ACC alone, Maryland had a stretch of guys - Edu, Goodson, Zusi that were clearly ready to be pros, that looked like pros among amateurs. I remember Stu Holden at Clemson from when I was in high school, he terrorized Wake.

One year at the Vidovic camp when I was a kid there were a bunch of national-team level former ACC players like Agoos, Hejduk, Pope, Olsen, Ramos. Still have a signed poster somewhere at my mom's house. I was just sad Claudio Reyna wasn't there.

Yeah, I saw all those dudes, too. They were great and a head above, and have been solid professionals. Is Harrison at that level? I don't know, he'll clearly play pro ball, but as you pointed out, there have been a number of guys coming through the league that have gone on to other things quickly, and I don't think I've seen anything that points to him being above that, and, personally, I wouldn't say those guys toyed with the league, they were just very, very good, and generally found their level in MLS/bouncing around middle level Euro teams. Hejduk played at UCLA, though. Bedoya was great at BC when he was around, too, along with the two Ghanaians (?) I think they had the year they beat us when we won it all.

ACC soccer is fucking great, basically, it was awesome growing up around it.

Damn, I missed that soccer camp, wished I had been around then, it must have been after my time. I went to Wake Soccer camp every year from 6-18 sometimes for multiple sessions, but the last year would have been '97, I guess (maybe it was '96 and I stopped at 17).

it was my first year at the camp, i can't remember if wakephan09 or waketheuniverse were there or not - it was the only year i actually stayed in the dorms

skip jenkins, who was later my skills coach for TWINS ROYAL, was my counselor

wanna say 98 or 99

also #goLions

CS56qE9XAAI-S-t.png:large

might I direct you lovers of watching paint dry to one of the other threads where you fellow embracers of boredom can discuss such topics, perhaps even The Official Soccer Thread, perhaps.

it was my first year at the camp, i can't remember if wakephan09 or waketheuniverse were there or not - it was the only year i actually stayed in the dorms

skip jenkins, who was later my skills coach for TWINS ROYAL, was my counselor

wanna say 98 or 99

I always stayed in the dorms even though I lived in Winston, it was a getaway. Oh man, I loved soccer camp.

Last edited:
usually this is when wakephan09 comes in and tells me all the details i'm forgetting or making up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back