• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 185: God Help Us All

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I realize this probably isn't that popular but Ron Wellman has actually done a bunch for the athletic program.

I'll never forgive him for the Buzz hire (and to a far greater extent his retention) but objectively the facilities have made leaps and bounds.

Tennis center
Indoor practice field
Baseball player development center
Buying the baseball field
Buying the Joel
New athlete performance center

I think all of those things will (and in the case of tennis have) set us up to be really competitive in the future. I think he realized that in partial scholarship sports you have to prove to recruits why it's worth to pay part of the way.

Long travel day back from the west coast. Painful. Couldn't get a direct flight from SFO so had to change in DFW.

Met phan's boy Draymond before the game yesterday.

biff i'm sorry you dropped 9k to see that disaster but you're a baller so it was chump change

Morning CT!

Apparently sinus infections can lead to pink eye, which the Mrs and I both have. I'm so ready for spring...

so when did SC in the morning go all out morning talk show? are they trying to run people off now? where are the highlights?

So I realize this probably isn't that popular but Ron Wellman has actually done a bunch for the athletic program.

I'll never forgive him for the Buzz hire (and to a far greater extent his retention) but objectively the facilities have made leaps and bounds.

Tennis center
Indoor practice field
Baseball player development center
Buying the baseball field
Buying the Joel
New athlete performance center

I think all of those things will (and in the case of tennis have) set us up to be really competitive in the future. I think he realized that in partial scholarship sports you have to prove to recruits why it's worth to pay part of the way.

I have to agree. Furthermore, I think he's actually a good guy who wants to make the university and her people proud.

CT 185: esoteric weed discussion

I have to agree. Furthermore, I think he's actually a good guy who wants to make the university and her people proud.

BS. Nothing I've seen makes me believe he's anything other than an egotistical ass who can't admit his own mistakes.

His job should be to run a successful athletic department. He has certainly failed at that. Nothing to be proud of there.

If he wants to make his legacy new buildings, quit the AD and join the fundraising team. Or the Facilities department. The AD should be a place for winners.

Morning CT!

Apparently sinus infections can lead to pink eye, which the Mrs and I both have. I'm so ready for spring...

From contact transmission or seeping through your sinuses?

I'll grant he has been good overall for the AD, but you can't convince me he is a good guy when almost every other interaction I have heard from people close to him indicates otherwise. Not to mention he hired [Redacted]. That alone pretty much ruins you in my eyes.

I'll grant he has been good overall for the AD, but you can't convince me he is a good guy when almost every other interaction I have heard from people close to him indicates otherwise. Not to mention he hired [Redacted]. That alone pretty much ruins you in my eyes.

I've known RW since I was a young kid. Have never walked away from a conversation with him thinking he's anything but a great guy. People who really know Ron and people who are "close to him" are two totally different groups of people. His time has come to step aside, and he will, but it's a shame for him that he couldn't have left on an upswing.

Serious question time.

Do you folks think that "your mom" jokes will ever stop? Is it possible that they have always existed? Are they a groundswell of never-ending comedy?

i've got a groundswell for your mom right here

A coworker had surgery and was out for a few weeks. Now he's back but he can't drive so his gf drives him to work. Instead of dropping him off and driving somewhere else she sits in his office all day reading. On a scale of 1-10 how weird is this? We are entering our third week of this behavior. Also keep in mind I work at a giant state university with a library, a student union and plenty of places to sit and read.

A coworker had surgery and was out for a few weeks. Now he's back but he can't drive so his gf drives him to work. Instead of dropping him off and driving somewhere else she sits in his office all day reading. On a scale of 1-10 how weird is this? We are entering our third week of this behavior. Also keep in mind I work at a giant state university with a library, a student union and plenty of places to sit and read.

it was a 6 for weird on day 1, 8 by the end of the first week, for week 3, it's a 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back