• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club Donations! Open the Floodgates?

The search for a new coach will begin immediately. We will engage national basketball leaders to identify the very best candidates. Appropriate University leaders will also be a part of the search process. President Hatch will be an active participant in the search, as well.

Q. Who will conduct the search?
A. Ron Wellman will engage national basketball leaders to identify the very best candidates. Appropriate University leaders will also be a part of the search process. President Hatch will be an active participant in the search, as well.

haha, someone decided they didn’t like Wellman’s one-man search committee.

Wellman's arrogance will continue to adversely affect my giving level. What he created and perpetuated these past four years will haunt me for a long, long time.

Re-joined and doubled up, deciding that rewarding a good hire in Clawson and the right move on Bzz is worth the risk of a dud replacement.

A lot of unnecessary hate on that press release...... Good to see Hatch involved, other university officials involved, and a general indication that they realize this search needs to be at least a little more transparent. I like them pointing out that the team isn't exactly in dire straits for next year. We're returning a very solid core of players and we'll have four more guys coming in that may be able to contribute. Yup, plenty of uncertainty right now but that's always going to be there between seasons... especially during a coaching change. Hope we can land on the right guy this time around... and I'm happy national media is saying that Wake Forest is the best available job right now.

LOL at the SPIN with those talking points. Wake's basketball program is a complete train wreck. This is a major rebuilding effort for our new Coach and there is not really any foundation that was built by BUZZOUT

LOL at the SPIN with those talking points. Wake's basketball program is a complete train wreck. This is a major rebuilding effort for our new Coach and there is not really any foundation that was built by BUZZOUT

Exactly. They just don't get it.

And the team GPA stuff doesn't square with the APR rumors.

Last edited:

Disagree now. Back on the track and slowing gaining steam as we start shoveling the coal......:thumbsup:

Any school in the world would have said similar things in their press release. Wake's frosh and soph classes in hoops right now do give us a strong foundation for a new coach IMO. If those two classes were any stronger we'd likely be playing in the postseason right now and Buzz wouldn't be gone. Buzz is fired, I don't think it is at all reasonable to expect them to smear him in the goodbye presser. We've got the best job opening in the country and the cupboard is far from bare, I think a lot of coaches out there would be very excited to hear from RW right about now.

Quick question: for incoming frosh and other people (transfers) who have already signed a LOI.... if they came over with their coach to Wake would they need to sit out a year?

Our freshmen and sophomores aren't that good. Our new coach needs more scholarships to open up rather than so many players who aren't ACC level.

Our freshmen and sophomores aren't that good. Our new coach needs more scholarships to open up rather than so many players who aren't ACC level.

Exactly. We have 0 outside shooting returning, and very little rebounding. I don't see a strong foundation at all.

Q. What are the reasons to be optimistic about the future of Wake Forest basketball?
A. There are a number of reasons to be optimistic. First, the team will return the bulk of its roster from this past season.

hmmm

Exactly. We have 0 outside shooting returning, and very little rebounding. I don't see a strong foundation at all.

Unlike Clawson, the new guy can't step in and immediately bring in higher rated freshmen.

The new guy can try to get a post-grad or two but any legit impact player will have tons of suitors.

do they really think that hatch is going to help them seal the deal on a big name coach? nate the closer! what a joke.

i'm sure i'll get over it eventually, but this whole mess has left a bad taste in my mouth. even with a good hire i'm not sure i'll ever enjoy wake sports in the same way as before

The Deacon Club is still waiting for the new/increased donations which were pledged on the message board once Dino was fired.

Back