• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs in the NBA thread: 04/01 Tim Duncan moves 19th NBA all time scoring list!

Joakim Noah paces Bulls with 19 points, 16 boards, 11 assists

CHICAGO -- Joakim Noah led the Chicago Bulls past the Atlanta Hawks and gave the fans an added bonus in the process.

Noah scored 19 points as part of his first triple-double of the season in the Bulls' 100-85 win over the Hawks on Tuesday night. His two late free throws provided the Bulls with their final points and secured free Big Macs for the fans.

"Those were tough free throws, man," Noah said.

Not much else seemed difficult for Noah and the Bulls.

Noah added 16 rebounds and 11 assists, and Taj Gibson had 24 points and 12 rebounds, and Jimmy Butler had 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulls, who had six players score in double figures.

Chicago won its fourth straight against the Hawks and sixth in a row at home versus Atlanta.

Coming off a 79-76 loss to Memphis, in which the Hawks held the Grizzlies to an NBA-record low one free throw, Atlanta's offense woke up too late. The Hawks shot 43.8 for the game after making 40 percent in the first half.

All-star forward Paul Millsap had 15 for the Hawks but his streak of four games with at least 10 rebounds was snapped as he had two. Lou Williams added 13 points, and Jeff Teague had 12.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489645

Jeff Teague: 12 pts 1 rbs 3 ast 1 stl 1 blk

Grizzlies render Bradley Beal's 37 points for Wizards moot

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Washington's Bradley Beal seemed to make every shot he took in setting a career high with 37 points. But then, with the game on the line, he struggled down the stretch.

Nick Calathes and Marc Gasol scored 18 points each, James Johnson recorded his 16th block of a 3-pointer this season near the end of the first half, and the Memphis Grizzlies survived Beal's big night to defeat the Wizards 92-89 on Tuesday night.

Beal finished the night converting 15 of 24 shots, but was unable to connect in the closing minutes. He missed five of his last six shots, including a 21-footer with 12.9 seconds left that would have tied the game.

"The past few games, I was too worried about my defender," Beal said. "As soon as I saw the first couple go in, it was a wrap after that. My confidence was high, and I just kept shooting the ball the same way every time.

"I was having fun."

Zach Randolph split two free throws with 11.5 seconds left to give the Grizzlies the 92-89 lead. John Wall's 3-pointer for the tie with about 1 second left rattled around before popping out, giving Memphis the win.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489646

James Johnson: 13 pts 2 rbs 1 ast 2 stl 1 blk

JJ with the reverse jam.

Reviving this thread, now that Bz is gone and a brighter future for the Deacs looms ahead.

Tim Duncan's double-double leads Spurs to 15th straight win

SAN ANTONIO -- The San Antonio Spurs didn't dwell on nearly blowing a 24-point lead in the second half. They won, and that's all that mattered to the veteran club.

Tim Duncan had 29 points, 13 rebounds and five assists, and San Antonio overcame a fourth-quarter collapse to beat the Denver Nuggets 108-103 Wednesday night for its 15th straight victory.

Tiago Splitter, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili had 10 points apiece for the Spurs (55-16), who have the league's best record.

"They made it competitive," Parker said. "They played with a lot of energy. We missed a lot of little stuff; easy layups that we always make and they got back in the game. It happens sometimes. We're not going to beat everybody by 20."

It just seemed like they were after overwhelming the Nuggets in the first half.

Danny Green's 3-pointer at the buzzer was his fifth of the half, giving San Antonio its largest lead of opening 24 minutes at 63-43.

Green scored 16 points, all in the first half, before leaving with a foot injury early in the second. His status is unknown, but he wore a walking boot as a precaution after the game and will have an MRI on Thursday morning.

"All of a sudden he couldn't walk," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "The bottom of the foot, there is something. They are going to X-ray it. I am just guessing it is plantar fasciitis or something like that."

San Antonio had 19 assists while going 24 for 42 from the field and forcing nine turnovers in the first half.

Duncan scored all but one of the Spurs' final 11 points, capping his performance with an off-balance jumper off the glass for a 107-99 lead with 30 seconds remaining. The heavily contested shot sealed the win and led Nuggets coach Brian Shaw to turn and smile at Popovich, who shook his head as well.

"(Duncan) played a great all-around game," Popovich said. "Probably nobody noticed, but it was assists, boards, scoring -- he was the guy that kept it together."

Duncan finished the game 12 for 20, including going 4 for 5 in the final five minutes on a series of layups and jumpers.

MVP: Tim Duncan. I'm trying to not be so surprised seeing Duncan put up nights like Wednesday against Denver, when he had 29 points, 13 boards, 5 assists and 2 blocks, but I can't help it. He's 37 years old.

Tim Duncan: 29 Pts, 13 Reb, 5 Ast, 2 Stl, 2 Blk

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489941

Anthony Davis, Pelicans edge Clippers as Chris Paul goes 0-for-12

NEW ORLEANS -- Injuries and illness across New Orleans' roster provided Darius Miller a chance to play extended minutes with his old Kentucky teammate Anthony Davis.

They did a lot of winning together in college, and Wednesday night's game against an NBA playoff contender was no different.

Davis had 16 points, 13 rebounds and six blocks while Miller capped a 16-point outing with a pair of clutch jumpers, and the undermanned Pelicans won their fourth straight, 98-96 over the Los Angeles Clippers.

Former New Orleans star Chris Paul had 12 assists but set a Clippers record for shooting futility by missing all 12 of his attempts from the field. His only points came on two foul shots.

"If I go 0-for-15 or 0-for-20 and we win, I could care less," said Paul, whose team had won nine of its previous 10 games to get within striking distance of the second playoff seed in the Western Conference. "It's more than this game. It's about playing the right way going into the playoffs."

Chris Paul: 2 pts 4 rbs 12 ast 3 stl
Al Farouq Aminu: 8 pts 10 rbs 6 ast 1 stl 1 blk

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489939

Tim Duncan moved into 19th place on NBA All Time scoring list last night in victory over Indiana, passing Patrick Ewing.

Game ended.
Jeff Teague
3/31 PHI:95 ATL:103 F
FG:4/11 (36%)
3P:1/3 (33%)
FT:3/3 (100%)
PTS:12
REB:3
AST:5
STL:1
TO:4

Game ended.
Al-Farouq Aminu
3/31 SAC:102 NO:97 F
FG:1/1 (100%)
3P:0/0 (0%)
FT:2/2 (100%)
PTS:4
REB:2
AST:0
STL:3
PF:2

Game ended.
Jeff Teague
3/31 PHI:95 ATL:103 F
FG:4/11 (36%)
3P:1/3 (33%)
FT:3/3 (100%)
PTS:12
REB:3
AST:5
STL:1
TO:4

Nice to see that Atlanta got the win, but feel like Teague still going through those late season slumps carrying over from Wake.

Back