• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

We've still only hired two people for three open positions.

Interesting that we have only have one hire remaining for the DC spot and the LB position group. So either:

1) Cohen is going to be the DC (and keep the DL responsibilities) and then another assistant can be hired for LB,

2) an outside DC will be hired that can also coach the LBs, or

3) a current assistant is going to be moved over to LBs (Hemphill has always been a DB guy).

Sawvel has only coached DBs.

Former Notre Dame DC and UConn HC Bob Diaco has emerged as the leading candidate for the open DC positions at both Arkansas and Nebraska. However, their interest in Diaco is likely tied to interest in changing to a 3-4 scheme.

Diaco may also become a candidate at Wisconsin for their DC spot, although they are more likely to hire from within (probably Jim Leonard).

Still no word on where Claeys or Sawvel might have opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Leonhard? He just retired from the NFL a few years ago. That would be a quick rise up the ranks.

Jim Leonhard? He just retired from the NFL a few years ago. That would be a quick rise up the ranks.

No doubt. Wisconsin hired Leonhard last February as a DB coach. He retired from the NFL after the 2014 season. Leonhard has always been praised as a heady player, but even so, rising from a player to position assistant to DC that quickly would be unusual.

Seems like we went from one of the few in the market for a DC to one of many. Just hope we haven't waited too long to get who DC wants for his DC :)

Maybe what took so long with Smith was that he was waiting for the market to open up.

It's entirely possible that we did hire our DC already, and are just looking for a position coach. Though I can't think of any reason we wouldn't just announce that.

Chris Barclay will serve as offensive quality control coach at Purdue. Believe we were discussing him on this thread and wanted to share.

All it all, going from RB coach at WKU to quality control at Purdue is probably a lateral move. And it's a job. Good for him.

Thanks. Certainly hadn't considered that angle. I can see why you wouldn't want to post that.

Saben wants to wait until after NSD so as to not screw Alabama. He's a class act. Think we will like him as our DC.

recruiting weekend

Thanks. Certainly hadn't considered that angle. I can see why you wouldn't want to post that.

Called Monday night to get a reservation for Saturday at Fratelli's on Reynold Road across from Reynolda House. Was told that they were only taking walk in's because there was a Wake Forest recruiting banquet there. Wonder if the plan is to unveil the new DC there somehow.

Called Monday night to get a reservation for Saturday at Fratelli's on Reynold Road across from Reynolda House. Was told that they were only taking walk in's because there was a Wake Forest recruiting banquet there. Wonder if the plan is to unveil the new DC there somehow.

Based on Creamy's PM, I would think he'd still be coaching.

Back