• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

I subscribe to Hoopla's newsletter. Very informative.

You know, I've been a subscriber for the last 3-4 months and NOTHING and I mean NOTHING was more informative than his information on transfers/2018 recruiting. If even part of that comes to fruition, hang it!

Listen, dammit! I helped Al Gore invent the internet. If I don't start getting copies of all these PMs - plus instant, complimentary OGB Prime membership - I just might shut the whole thing down. I've got half the password necessary to do it. All I need is for Al to come back from Outer Space and give me the other half of the password.

Listen, dammit! I helped Al Gore invent the internet. If I don't start getting copies of all these PMs - plus instant, complimentary OGB Prime membership - I just might shut the whole thing down. I've got half the password necessary to do it. All I need is for Al to come back from Outer Space and give me the other half of the password.

Submit dick pick to SD3 for all for all of the scoops a heart desires.

Seems like we went from one of the few in the market for a DC to one of many. Just hope we haven't waited too long to get who DC wants for his DC :)

This is exactly what happened.

Be prepared for either a HC or DC from a middling FCS school who just "looks the part" and "gets the WF culture."

As a Wake fan, if you get your hopes up, then you're bringing it on yourself.

Not interested.

Seems like we went from one of the few in the market for a DC to one of many. Just hope we haven't waited too long to get who DC wants for his DC :)

The other DC openings that I looked at yesterday are at programs that either run the 3-4 or are looking to change to a 3-4. I might be wrong, but I think that Wake might be the highest profile opening for coaches that run 4-3 or 4-2-5 schemes. So you might expect that the pool of candidates would be different. For example, this article here says that App State's Nate Woody had contact with Wake but wasn't expected to be a candidate. The article implies that the reason was the differences in scheme between what Woody runs and the scheme that Wake uses.

By the way it sounds like Bob Diaco is going to take the open position at Nebraska.

It seems like our first pick might have been the Arkansas guy and the wheels came off.

I am surprised and have a growing concern that it has taken so long to hire a DC. Perhaps we have promoted from within, but why has the announcement not been made? What advantage is there in waiting especially during this vital recruiting period?

Hopefully we will not make a desperation hire because our primary options are no longer available.

Dave Clawson doesn't strike me as a desperation hire kinda guy. If that were the case it would have already happened.

If you look at what Clawson said post-Military Bowl he clearly set the expectation that he was going to take his time. Said that having a DC for the official visit weekends was a nice-to-have not a must-have. So I'm not sure why people are surprised and/or worried.

My frustration is not with the length of time, but the absence of visibility as to the candidates being considered. So it is unclear what, if anything, is being done. Or what progress is or isn't being made. With any other P5 program the media would have provided more visibility on the hiring process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back