• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Delaware State Thread

Manning burned a lot of capital and goodwill with this loss. Honeymoon over in my mind. Great that he is recruiting better, but the loss is on him. No reason we should ever lose a game like this.

No actually Devin Thomas has burned so much good will that he might as well transfer at the Christmas break.

Delaware State is horrible. Slightly worse than Mount St. Mary's but slightly better than Nicholls apparently.

Preview: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/1...view-wake-forest-acc-demon-deacons-ncaab-meac

Wake will roll in this one. I hope we keep them under 50. Through six games (against albeit some bad competition), Wake is the top defensive rebounding team in the nation allowing only 19.4% of opponent's shots to be rebounded.

OOOOPPPSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their big man had 14 points, 16 rebounds, 8 blocks and played all 40 minutes. What a hoss.

Oops. We don't have a Kansas front court
We're running a system that requires a legit post. Devin has a great motor and he's a tenacious rebounder, but he's not a true 5, even though he can hold his position. To compound the problem, we've got no other true height in the lineup with him. When the ball goes into Devin and the double team comes, we've got no other big to cut or post, so we just jack up 3s.

I would like to see Manning run more 2 man with Devin and Dinos, because Devin has great vision and Dinos moves well without the ball

Last edited:
Their big man had 14 points, 16 rebounds, 8 blocks and played all 40 minutes. What a hoss.

Playing all 40 is the really impressive thing. And dominating every minute of it against our big men.

Manning burned a lot of capital and goodwill with this loss. Honeymoon over in my mind. Great that he is recruiting better, but the loss is on him. No reason we should ever lose a game like this.

He had a terrible game tonight as coach. There's no doubt about it.

However the post I quoted is inane. It's typical immediate gratification needing drivel.

Several of us have been saying this, but few listen. We aren't close to being a good team. It was irrational to think we'd even approach last year's record.

There's no excuse for tonight. However, get ready for a whole lot of ugly before we start seeing the good stuff.

Well it was good of you to give him all of November of his first season to get this program completely turned around.

When will the nightmare end

They said the nightmare would end

Make it end

Maybe we can convince him to get his post-grad degree from Wake?

Probably not.

If he transferred here, one of the following would happen... a season ending illness, a season ending injury, or he'd forget how to block shots. It's just the Wake Forest Way.

We definitely got Stetsoned tonight. All Manning has to do is lose to Samford and Bucknell and he'll have equalled buzz's first year futility! There's just no way we can lose to both of 'em though, they're as bad as Nicholls State. :internets:

You were one of the biggest proponents of the destruction of our basketball program weren't you?

Terrible loss. Manning nails it in his post-game quotes though. I like him. He has a long leash with me.

So...we got beat by a kid who played FOR Del State, then transferred FROM Del State and THEN transferred BACK to Del State?

OK, got it, just bloody brilliant....:tard:

Another career night for an "unknown" courtesy of the Deacs!....:cliffs:

Mmm, just a thought....maybe Chase or 1 of our other ex-players can transfer BACK to Wake and lead us to the promised land......

OK...maybe not!

The depths Ron Wellman has taken our two revenue programs to, continues to amaze. Yet he continues to walk around with his arrogant nose up in the air. He should be so unemployed.

Trust me I know. It's all about the horses. You have them or you don't. Manning better do whatever it takes to bring real top 100's in here, and wellman hatch and who the hell ever else needs to get out of the way.

Devin is just not a good big man. Very one dimensional and has no touch. Needs to be better about passing out of double and triple teams too.

We are who we who we thought we were.

Touch is what separates basketball players from athletes. Touch is why bzz recruits were bzz recruits.

Silk purse, sow's ear.

Last edited:
Wait, this team lost to Tim Duncan's backup school?

WTF?

Was Cody the main reason we lost?

Haven't read anything, but call it a hunch.

Last edited:
Back