• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin [Redacted] Article (BBall Media Day thread)

Glad it only took him 6 losing seasons to figure out he wasn't doing something right. Sharp fellow.

"he said he took a good long look at his staff and his team and realized he needed to let them be responsible for themselves and to make every single coach and player accountable for this season."

Does this mean he will quit when we have another losing season?

Glad it only took him 6 losing seasons to figure out he wasn't doing something right. Sharp fellow.
True, but in fairness, this is his first 4th year at one place. Maybe that's the thing that lights a fire under him, who knows. Maybe he just didn't see all the excuse making and threw all problems under the "rebuilding" label...which if true would be Wellman's job to correct, and we know that didn't happen...my gosh it was great!

I'm curious to see if anything changes...because if change isn't obvious or it doesn't lead to winning and was just all talk, there's no doubt he's gone. The experiment will be over.

“Our asset is our depth,” he said. “We’re going to play all our guys. We’re going to play a little differently than we have in the past. We’re going to press. We’re going to press to speed up the game; we’re going to press to slow up the game. We’re going to play some zone. We’re going to play some man. You better be better or you better be different. We’re going to utilize our depth.”

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the press, if there even will be a press, is almost completely gone before the new year. And that "you've got to be better or you've got to be different" line is him saying that his recruiting has sucked.

"We're going to press to slow up the game."

How in the hell does that make any sense?

Saw on WFMY that there is no Captain. They are all Captains.... Travis has to be pissed

"He’s going to let his players play and his coaches coach and let things happen this year without controlling every single detail."

Because that's worked so well for Grobe

Pressing can be used to either makes teams play a faster tempo than they like or make teams that like to get out and run, slow up. Depends on the situation and how you press.

"he said he took a good long look at his staff and his team and realized he needed to let them be responsible for themselves and to make every single coach and player accountable for this season."

Does this mean he will quit when we have another losing season?

I think it means he will continue his strategy from last season: make excuses, blame others when things go wrong, and not blame himself.

soft 3/4 or half court press slows the game. You are thinking of a full court scramble type press.

Was the orbit-option offense not available ant I am so damn tied of hearing about this fabricated "mess" that [Redacted] was brought in to clean up. BS.

He has taken all the hits in his three years at Wake. And it hasn’t been fair. He was brought in to clean up a mess. He was brought in to graduate players and keep the program afloat while weeding out the knotheads and give Wake’s alumni a program it could be proud of.
This revisionist history courtesy of the AD, with Ed Hardin acting as their stenographer.

soft 3/4 or half court press slows the game. You are thinking of a full court scramble type press.

I hate Buzz's slowdown half court press...he incorporates zero trapping in it and I have not seen one turnover generated by it.

I hate Buzz's slowdown half court press...he incorporates zero trapping in it and I have not seen one turnover generated by it.

the purpose isn't to generate turnovers. just a tactic to delay the offense from setting up in a half court offense until there's 20-25 seconds on the shot clock.

Back