• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin [Redacted] Article (BBall Media Day thread)

Based on NCAA attendance stats it looks like we're fourth behind UNC, State, and Maryland. I don't know how we averaged more fans per game than Duke though.

We averaged around 9600 per game it appears, a 1000 fan increase from last year.

You know, you'd think Bz and Wellman would've sat down in the off season and strategized about how to answer tough questions that they knew would come up, like "coach, how do you respond to the criticisms in the media and billboards from the unhappy fans?"
It's pretty obvious from all this that Wellman is now putting pressure on Bz and building his way "out", so why would he work with Bz? He's prepping Bz to be the fall guy for HIS incompetence.

Based on NCAA attendance stats it looks like we're fourth behind UNC, State, and Maryland. I don't know how we averaged more fans per game than Duke though.

We averaged around 9600 per game it appears, a 1000 fan increase from last year.

They counted tickets given away (including the ones dropped inside the Joel during those horrific MAYHEM MINUTES!) as tickets sold. They didn't count actual butts in seats.

I don't think that's true. Wellman may have seen a problem that no one else thought was there, but see a problem he did and Bz was brought in to fix it for the reasons stated by Hardin. As I've been saying since Dino was fired, Wellman has been the problem. IMO Bz is just doing what he's been told to do...and be bball Grobe (at least the original version of Grobe).

What reasons did Hardin state? A "mess" and "weeding out knotheads" is pretty vague.

What reasons did Hardin state? A "mess" and "weeding out knotheads" is pretty vague.
Sure....but the problem I've had with this issue is....most of the people on the boards at that time thought we were in a mess because we had some knotheads on the team and/or an "incompetent" clueless coach that looked funny. It was also pretty vague.

Not amazing. Reporters are lazy.

fair enough but it is a complete softball. it's not like it would take any work to ask it. guess if you just read the ad talking points (aka cheer sheets!) you don't know what his record actually is.

I don't think that's true. Wellman may have seen a problem that no one else thought was there, but see a problem he did and Bz was brought in to fix it for the reasons stated by Hardin. As I've been saying since Dino was fired, Wellman has been the problem. IMO Bz is just doing what he's been told to do...and be bball Grobe (at least the original version of Grobe).

you don't actually believe this right? wellman only "saw a problem" when his hire was, immediately, met with surprise (at best) and disgust (at worst). he then leaked every bit of trouble that happened and blamed it on culture and dino. it all happened under bzz. except that the stuff under bzz with bzz recruits has mysteriously stopped being leaked. not saying a ton of bad stuff has been happening just the normal stuff on any team. just like with dino.

sorry. broken record.

We need somebody to become a journalist and get into the ACC media so they can actually talk about what Wake fans want or like. Instead we're stuck with a bunch of losers in the Triangle area who want us to be LOWF forever.

This is so true.

Pour, we've posted time and time again that the timeline of events doesn't support the AD spin. Clark and Ty stayed on the team and graduated. Bz' top priority was to rerecruit JTT and his class. Who was weeded out who wasn't accepted in by Bz? Ari? That's pretty much it.

We need somebody to become a journalist and get into the ACC media so they can actually talk about what Wake fans want or like. Instead we're stuck with a bunch of losers in the Triangle area who want us to be LOWF forever.

But Ed Hardin's in the Triad.

Back