• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin [Redacted] Article (BBall Media Day thread)

We need somebody to become a journalist and get into the ACC media so they can actually talk about what Wake fans want or like. Instead we're stuck with a bunch of losers in the Triangle area who want us to be LOWF forever.

I think Wake alumni were pretty damn proud when we were number 1 in the nation, had Chris Paul, were one of the most exciting teams in the country, had the Joel rocking, and had a legitimate shot to win the national title. But no you're right Ed, Wake fans needed to find something else to be proud about. This article is horrible. I'm not ready for basketball season again if this is the garbage that we're going to have to deal with all year.

The no captain thing is strange. Especially when there is one player so clearly positioned to be captain. Do the sophs or Bz not like Travis?

Baby has alluded several times to a sentiment (his own, not necessarily the staff's ) that Travis just isn't a leader-type.

I think Wake alumni were pretty damn proud when we were number 1 in the nation, had Chris Paul, were one of the most exciting teams in the country, had the Joel rocking, and had a legitimate shot to win the national title. But no you're right Ed, Wake fans needed to find something else to be proud about. This article is horrible. I'm not ready for basketball season again if this is the garbage that we're going to have to deal with all year.

Exactly..there is very little reason for people to be proud of this basketball program right now. It doesn't win. That's the whole fucking point.

We need somebody to become a journalist and get into the ACC media so they can actually talk about what Wake fans want or like. Instead we're stuck with a bunch of losers in the Triangle area who want us to be LOWF forever.

Hardin lives in Greensboro.

"he said he took a good long look at his staff and his team and realized he needed to let them be responsible for themselves and to make every single coach and player accountable for this season."

Does this mean he will quit when we have another losing season?
Sadly that is wishful thinking.

It's the best league in the history of basketball...lol

"He’s going to let his players play and his coaches coach and let things happen this year without controlling every single detail."

Because that's worked so well for Grobe

tells me battle was ignored for three years. the only guy involved with winning college bball games and recruiting nba talent was ignored.

“Our asset is our depth,” he said. “We’re going to play all our guys. We’re going to play a little differently than we have in the past. We’re going to press. We’re going to press to speed up the game; we’re going to press to slow up the game. We’re going to play some zone. We’re going to play some man. You better be better or you better be different. We’re going to utilize our depth.”

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the press, if there even will be a press, is almost completely gone before the new year. And that "you've got to be better or you've got to be different" line is him saying that his recruiting has sucked.

Don't believe anything he says. I heard that they are planning to run the option on offense and that they are going to keep it a secret until they spring it on our opponents... :eek:

http://t.co/sp2F3UKSsL

Bz is king troll. That smile is infuriating.

You know, you'd think Bz and Wellman would've sat down in the off season and strategized about how to answer tough questions that they knew would come up, like "coach, how do you respond to the criticisms in the media and billboards from the unhappy fans?" Instead of something akin to "I'm aware that people are unhappy and I promise to do everything in my power to bring back pride to our basketball program," we get the same old "i don't pay attention to that stuff" and "won't compromise our values" bullshit. Incompetence abounds.

Apparently he needed to ask himself what he needed to do to motivate himself. I'm sure that will result in stellar performances.

Last edited:
so you didn't call him on this...

He sat before the media Tuesday and said he was a changed man. Or a changed coach. He said he spent the summer wandering. He took time to look at himself. He looked back over his first 31 years in coaching basketball and compared them to this first three years at Wake Forest.

...and realized that his first 31 had been the same as the last three at wake. loss after loss after loss. how many winning seasons have you lead in your career bzz? 3? maybe i am missing something.

"We're going to press to slow up the game."

How in the hell does that make any sense?

It means that you put pressure on the other team to get it up court and it prevents them from going into their offense until late in the shot clock

Fourth best attendance in the ACC last year? What in the hell???

#Castevens'd

How is that possible? Does the Joel seat more than most ACC arenas? How could this be possible , someone please explain?

Back