• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin [Redacted] Article (BBall Media Day thread)

Saw on WFMY that there is no Captain. They are all Captains.... Travis has to be pissed

Well, from the video of practice, we see that he tells the team to show absolutely no respect to the opponents. It appears he also coaches them to show absolutely no respect to senior leadership. Buzz off Buzz.

It just seems so weird because the Joel was so empty last year. The year before last must've been awful (too lazy to research).

It helps when you give away thousands of tickets.

Well, from the video of practice, we see that he tells the team to show absolutely no respect to the opponents. It appears he also coaches them to show absolutely no respect to senior leadership. Buzz off Buzz.

He also asks players how he can make them play better than he has coached them to play. #culture

Here it is. The stage is now set to excuse another year of failure...

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Wake could be better this season and we might not even notice. The league will be better, and the space between the best and the worst will be expanded exponentially.

Last edited:
What a difference four years can make!

BROOKLYN – The tables are turning for the annual upset special.

Since Shaka Smart took over at VCU four seasons ago, the Rams have won 111 games, made three NCAA tournament appearances and reached a Final Four back in 2011.

Yet they have never been the conference favorite, being projected to finish third in each of Smart's four seasons at the helm.

That all changes this season.

VCU enters the 2013-14 campaign as the heavy favorite in the Atlantic 10, garnering 19 of the 24 first-place votes in the coaches poll that was released on Tuesday.

“It says a lot about our returning players that we were picked first,” Smart said at Atlantic 10 media day. “I don't think it really changes much in terms of our approach. We want to make sure we're the hunter. Being picked first, there are going to be some people coming after us.”

It wasn't supposed to be easy sledding last year, but “Havoc” carried over from the CAA to the A-10 without much of a hiccup. The Rams went 27-9 overall, finishing second in the league and receiving a No. 5 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Talent and depth won't be a question; but will they be able to deal with the target on their back?

"Even though we were new to the league [last year], there were certain places we went where people wanted to knock us off, people wanted go after us," Smart said. "We faced it to some extent last year, and hopefully this year we face it even more.”

The pieces are there for VCU to win the Atlantic 10 and once again pose a threat in the NCAA tournament – but this time, the expectations are there too.

LOL at the thought of Sad Panda Jeff [Redacted] wandering through the tumbleweeds of Kansas, reflecting on the meaning of life and his place in the game of basketball.

How is that possible? Does the Joel seat more than most ACC arenas? How could this be possible , someone please explain?

only Carolina, State and Maryland have bigger basketball arenas. The Joel is bigger than Virginia's JPJ by about 150 seats. (prior to Syracuse joining obviously)

Last edited:
"The Coach Buzz I know now," sophomore guard Codi Miller-McIntyre said, "is completely different from the one I knew last year."

"The Coach Buzz I know now," sophomore guard Codi Miller-McIntyre said, "is completely different from the one I knew last year."

So the coach he committed to play for is completely different.

http://t.co/sp2F3UKSsL

Bz is king troll. That smile is infuriating.

This video provides ample proof, even for the most hopelessly Buzz-ins, that this is not just a case of failure to communicate but this clown is hopelessly and irremediably stupid. Yes, that barrage of incoherent non-sequitur cliches, which are constantly forcing everyone within earshot to duck, is not just an obvious sign of inability to communicate but simply a cover for plain old stupidity.

I like the look of his team. He will get his chance.

31 years of being a loser and this is the year he finally turns it around? Riiiiight.

at this point i can't help but laugh.

okay buddy, might as well give it a shot

31 years of being a loser and this is the year he finally turns it around? Riiiiight.

amazed he can talk about having 31 years of success and it's only now, at wake forest, he has had difficulties and no reporter says "you have a career losing record. what success are you referring to that made you complacent?"

Not amazing. Reporters are lazy.

amazed he can talk about having 31 years of success and it's only now, at wake forest, he has had difficulties and no reporter says "you have a career losing record. what success are you referring to that made you complacent?"
But, but, Buzz. Coached. Melo.

This revisionist history courtesy of the AD, with Ed Hardin acting as their stenographer.
I don't think that's true. Wellman may have seen a problem that no one else thought was there, but see a problem he did and Bz was brought in to fix it for the reasons stated by Hardin. As I've been saying since Dino was fired, Wellman has been the problem. IMO Bz is just doing what he's been told to do...and be bball Grobe (at least the original version of Grobe).

Back