• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From the Scout Board, probably and hopefully BS

I have a fraternity brother who was on the board and another brother who retired from his real job and now teaches in the business school. They both like Bzz and think Wellman made a great hire. :eek: My brother in the business school got mad at me when I suggested that Bzz stinks as a coach.

So look at what Wellman has done in the past. He kept Caldwell for eight years. Caldwell had ONE winning season with ONE bowl game in his 7th year. Why wouldn't Wellman keep Bzz another year . . . especially if Bzz had a 5 year contract? (I have no idea how long the contract is.) Bzz has a 50/50 season now. He won a tournament game. (Never mind that it was a play-in game.) Bzz has some okay players coming back . . . and they will have more experience. (So says Bzz.) Besides, if Wellman let Bzz go now he would be admitting defeat. I'm thinking that Bzz is coming back. :couch: I hate the thought of another year of Bzz Ball but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think the Caldwell analogy is broken. I agree that it indicates a lack of accountability, but consider where our football program was in the pre-Grobe era and consider where our basketball program has been in the pre-Buzz era.

As inept as I think Wellman is, I just think comparing Buzz and his four abysmal seasons with Caldwell's abysmal tenure is apples and oranges given the relative importance and prestige of both programs. We're (supposed) to be a basketball school in a basketball-crazy state in a basketball conference. There has to be a different level of accountability between the two sports (Jesus, I hope that I'm right).

If that doesn't make you feel any better: "tick tock"

My friend lives across the street from Greg Brittenham and says they are renting the house. I will ask him if there are any moving trucks.

I think the Caldwell analogy is broken. I agree that it indicates a lack of accountability, but consider where our football program was in the pre-Grobe era and consider where our basketball program has been in the pre-Buzz era.

As inept as I think Wellman is, I just think comparing Buzz and his four abysmal seasons with Caldwell's abysmal tenure is apples and oranges given the relative importance and prestige of both programs. We're (supposed) to be a basketball school in a basketball-crazy state in a basketball conference. There has to be a different level of accountability between the two sports (Jesus, I hope that I'm right).

If that doesn't make you feel any better: "tick tock"

Also, the Caldwell and Grobe plan was to redshirt guys. So the AD needed to give guys time to build up those classes from redshirts to seniors. Things happen more quickly in basketball. People can be unhappy about R. Wellman but he handled things the right way.

Last edited:
I am on the BOT and they are nothing but a bunch of Buttheads! We're still BzzWait!

Back