• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From the Scout Board, probably and hopefully BS

Probably trying to simulate a home game.

Still very weird.

Smart strategy for a coach and players who greatly struggle on the road. Shame they won't get to enjoy the ACC Tournament atmosphere.

At a bar watching the game. Lad beside me said her BOT friend said Wellman is retaining him. And three players were transferring and we were most likely getting some big man from Oak Hill.

I had assumed one or two players would transfer. Three would have me scratching my head.

2z6t375.jpg

this is so great

lesser chance for a player bandmember interaction or the athletic department really is in financial trouble

I feel like they've always stayed on campus for GSO tournaments though.
I do remember an on-campus "send off" from Manchester in 2003.

lesser chance for a player bandmember interaction or the athletic department really is in financial trouble

I assume the band stays on campus, too.

And these bozos are in charge of seeding the teams? God help us.....

Because seeding requires highly paid athletic directors to take time away from their athletic programs and for some, their conference basketball tournaments instead of just getting some smart people in a room with a few computers.

Meh. Just think it's odd...

When we play state, dook, and the holes the team leaves the day before the game (usually after lunch) and stays overnight.

He has to extend or fire. My biggest fear is even a short extension which will hamstrung the program going forward

I had assumed one or two players would transfer. Three would have me scratching my head.

Yeah, seemed odd to me too. I can't remember the third name. But the two I remember seemed somewhat plausible, players seeing the writing on the wall in regards to playing time or something. However, I thought these players really liked being at wake. Who knows. This lady maybe completely wrong.

Any 3 of Jones, Washington, Rountree, or Overton wouldn't surprise me.

I mean...if this was in true Wellman form he would give Bzz an extension right now...and then fire him after the ACC Tournament is over.

Any 3 of Jones, Washington, Rountree, or Overton wouldn't surprise me.

Jones makes a lot of sense with Shelton coming. Overton has been getting PT here and there as a freshman, and will likely be the first guard off the bench if not starting at the 2 if Shelton struggles as a frosh. Washington should have redshirted and I just don't see more than 10mpg for him in the ACC. Rountree would surprise me as he should get a shot at solid PT at the 3 or 4 along with McLinton and Moto. So, I'm guessing Jones and Andre, but would not fall over if Tree or Overton left, too, but PT is up for grabs if they improve. Have loved Overton's attitude. Always head up a cheering and into the game even when on the bench. Has a way to go, but could be OK.

Jones makes a lot of sense with Shelton coming. Overton has been getting PT here and there as a freshman, and will likely be the first guard off the bench if not starting at the 2 if Shelton struggles as a frosh. Washington should have redshirted and I just don't see more than 10mpg for him in the ACC. Rountree would surprise me as he should get a shot at solid PT at the 3 or 4 along with McLinton and Moto. So, I'm guessing Jones and Andre, but would not fall over if Tree or Overton left, too, but PT is up for grabs if they improve. Have loved Overton's attitude. Always head up a cheering and into the game even when on the bench. Has a way to go, but could be OK.
Overton gets a lot of shit (and I'm sure I have said before he isn't ACC quality). But you can't fault him for his enthusiasm. First thing I noticed at the beginning of the year was his demeanor on the bench.

Not that that is a reason we should want him to stay, but credit where credit is due.

Back