• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Let me rephrase it. Having a thread like this takes away the very little credibility of the opinions of those who post here. Like I said, a thread that objectively breaks down the decade mishandling of our basketball program would mean more than FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN. I agree with everyone here that he has mishandled the basketball program as a whole, the fans and all who support Wake Basketball.

I respectfully disagree that having a thread like this is remotely acceptable. He’s a man, with children and grandchildren and he loves Wake Forest. He just happened to fail at a hugely important aspect of his job - he didn’t kill anyone.

You guys have at it - I’ve given my opinion.

I don't think it's the failing that is the major source of angst among the fan base. It's the way he handled the failure with lies, arrogance, and a general disdain of the fans. Had he shown an ounce of humility, I doubt there would be this level of vitriol. As for the kids, grandkids ect. Ronny knows this is a highly public job and he's banked multi millions from it. Saying that we shouldn't vehemently decry Ron and his handling of basketball, even if we do so with salty language, because his grandkids might potentially see the boards is part of the reason this next generation is such pussies. No winners, no losers, every one gets a participation trophy and a pat on the back. We're fucked if we ever have a world war 3 with these pansies

Let me rephrase it. Having a thread like this takes away the very little credibility of the opinions of those who post here. Like I said, a thread that objectively breaks down the decade mishandling of our basketball program would mean more than FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN. I agree with everyone here that he has mishandled the basketball program as a whole, the fans and all who support Wake Basketball.

I respectfully disagree that having a thread like this is remotely acceptable. He’s a man, with children and grandchildren and he loves Wake Forest. He just happened to fail at a hugely important aspect of his job - he didn’t kill anyone.

Nah ! He continuously lied to our fan base with an astonishing smugness, for that he is a shitty person. Some people deserve to get fucking fucked bud. Wellman fits that bill.

I don't think it's the failing that is the major source of angst among the fan base. It's the way he handled the failure with lies, arrogance, and a general disdain of the fans. Had he shown an ounce of humility, I doubt there would be this level of vitriol. As for the kids, grandkids ect. Ronny knows this is a highly public job and he's banked multi millions from it. Saying that we shouldn't vehemently decry Ron and his handling of basketball, even if we do so with salty language, because his grandkids might potentially see the boards is part of the reason this next generation is such pussies. No winners, no losers, every one gets a participation trophy and a pat on the back. We're fucked if we ever have a world war 3 with these pansies

This is just a perfect take.

Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely.

He doesn't give a fuck about anyone outside of his circle of sycophants. Public ridicule is a small way of exacting a modicum of revenge for murdering the men's basketball program. Compare me to a petulant child all you want. Unpin this thread. I will bump it today, tomorrow, May 1, 2019, May 1, 2029 and whenever else I fucking choose..

People thinking Wake is still relevant. Cute. The death warrant was signed folks. It's over. The new AD was essentially unemployed and now just damn glad to be here! Hee Hah and praise be to Ron Wellman!!!

And we have a few clueless assholes worried about "the look" or "the message". Just fucking laughable. This program is done.

Last edited:

We've had dozens of those threads over the years and guess what - none of them have had any goddamn effect at all. Wellman is still here and so is Manning, with their horrible records that don't need to be broken down any more than the utter failure of their wins and losses. So the only thing we have left is to say Fuck You to everyone involved. If that offends Ron Wellman's grandkids then fuck them too, maybe one day they will learn what a piece of shit their grandfather is and this thread will help them be better people than he is.

Not sure who (in a general sense) is more angry. The people that knew from the initial [Redacted] announcement that there was something rotten in denmark and that decision was going to go horribly wrong or the people that clung to hope far longer than was reasonable.

You would think the former had longer to become resigned to the situation and the latter must feel really burned from giving so much support and finally realizing ronnie and the powers that be don't care about them.

lol at the thought that a sober, objective (whatever that means) breakdown of the AD's malfeasances for malfeasance's sake would do anything

People thinking Wake is still relevant. Cute. The death warrant was signed folks. It's over. The new AD was essentially unemployed and now just damn glad to be here! Hee Hah and praise be to Ron Wellman!!!

And we have a few clueless assholes worried about "the look" or "the message". Just fucking laughable. This program is done.

Coredeac get its. Wake basketball is D-E-A-D and will be for the forseeable future. All thanks to Wellman, and the Creamys and Willis' of the world who want to play nice.

I'm not a MS Paint expert but if someone could create a "painting" of Wellman and Hatch bukkaking the "loyal" Wake fanbase that would be very appropriate and helpful for our visual learners. Because that's whats been happening for the last decade.

lol at the thought that a sober, objective (whatever that means) breakdown of the AD's malfeasances for malfeasance's sake would do anything

Sure but neither is FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN.

I guess I can understand the Zglass reasoning behind it all. This is a place for everyone to vent their anger and disdain for Ron. As long as you guys know that it makes us look like Moo-U fans, then have at it! :)

Sure but neither is FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN.

I guess I can understand the Zglass reasoning behind it all. This is a place for everyone to vent their anger and disdain for Ron. As long as you guys know that it makes us look like Moo-U fans, then have at it! :)

How's the view from up there on your high horse?

I mainly don't give a shit, but I do think it's a bad look. I respect everyone here and everyone has the right to express themselves however they'd like.

Promise I'm not on a high horse...I'm low on the totem poll and a simple townie fan. Perhaps I play the contrarian villain role every now and again but I'm as average of a fan as possible. I haven't been alive as long as many here have been Wake fans, so I recognize and respect their opinions to the highest degree. I appreciate the old timer Deacs chiming in and expressing how disgusted they are with the program. I also find it funny reading some of the off the cuff, extreme posts on this thread and the rest of the boards. My simple point is that I think having a sticky thread that says FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN just isn't a good look for us.

I fully realize my opinion doesn't mean jack shit. Just was sharing it for the sake of message boarding.

worse look to whom? sports fans and some journalists who are lame enough to this message board? people who are probably coming here to see how fucking pissed off we are?

a worse look is burning a generation of new fans and untold millions of dollars in a public dumpster fire

worse look to whom? sports fans and some journalists who are lame enough to this message board? people who are probably coming here to see how fucking pissed off we are?

a worse look is burning a generation of new fans and untold millions of dollars in a public dumpster fire

I don't disagree with you. I'm hurting too, man.

Depends on your personal usage of the term "fuck you". My usage would usually end in a fist fight. In Wellman case and considering his body of work the term "fucked it up" would seem more appropriate. In addition I would also add the current state of College Basketball is also fucked up. So Wellman fucked up in a fucked up system. Wellman's finish in the latest college cup is no small feat. So in toto I would conclude "Fuck You Ron Wellman" is on the harsh side.

Depends on your personal usage of the term "fuck you". My usage would usually end in a fist fight. In Wellman case and considering his body of work the term "fucked it up" would seem more appropriate. In addition I would also add the current state of College Basketball is also fucked up. So Wellman fucked up in a fucked up system. Wellman's finish in the latest college cup is no small feat. So in toto I would conclude "Fuck You Ron Wellman" is on the harsh side.

Would “Fuck you buddy” be a more appropriate title? It’s in line with the level of discourse demonstrated by AD employees under Wellman’s tenure.

Back