• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Going out of the country tomorrow so had to watch. Damn.

Hopefully the finale links overnight so I can watch tomorrow.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but Gilly read the whole passage - and apparently has a great memory when it comes to these things.

The end of that exchange was intentional - Sam misstates "shits" instead of "steps" -- the show writers intentionally had Gilly demonstrate that she remembered the information she read. Get ready for Gilly to drop a knowledge bomb on Dragonstone.

Let's not forget Bran in this either. Between him, Sam and Gilly Jon Snow gonna be first in line for the Iron Throne

I wonder if the whole dying once already thing plays into the procession. As in, he was the rightful heir, but he died, so she became the rightful heiress. Something like that?

can't wait to discuss all the horrible plot holes, idiotic writing, and general ex machinas from this last episode. WIth that said, it's still one of the best ever

Can we talk about the largest plot hole of all?

People on here have pointed out how quickly characters are moving around Westeros this season and last, but how about the fact the white walkers have moved a couple of miles since hardhome? And it isn't cause they are slow because the move fast as humans

I'm assuming the white walkers have to wait until winter has fully settled in to kings landing etc before they can really attack.

My biggest peave of all is how quickly the characters are able to get around Westeros this season, even more egregiously in this week's episode. I can, however, stretch my understanding for the white walkers as it's possible (though not fully alluded to) that they are continuing to conquer and grow the army north of the wall- assuming there are some stragglers remaining. Otherwise, as Tejas writes, they may just be biding their time.

there aren't enough episodes left in the entire series to adequately pace the travel and tie up all the narrative strings. there aren't really other options given the what needs to happen in the entire world before the series is over and the limited number of minutes on screen.

there aren't enough episodes left in the entire series to adequately pace the travel and tie up all the narrative strings. there aren't really other options given the what needs to happen in the entire world before the series is over and the limited number of minutes on screen.

I agree, but I think the directors or whoever does that sort of thing are doing a poor job of showing the passage of time i.e. if someone gets on a ship has it been a week since they left when they show up in the next scene? That can be conveyed without taking up extra screen time. Some events appear to be ostensibly happening simultaneously or within hours of each other which is a stretch for some of the events.

I mean they made the Three Eyed Raven detour and I'm sure are building army but I find it odd that main characters have literally traveled thousands of miles over two seasons and the white walkers are in the same fucking spot Jon left them after Hardhome?

Back