• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I thought she looked a little surprised when the tyrell army showed up, like it wasnt part of her plot. So that would make sense.

Agree. Don't think she knew her family was coming and was pleased. Unfortunately she was already onboard with the king showing up and had already saved herself.

I took that vision montage as the three eyed raven torch being passed to bran. He now knows what the previous guy knew. benjen said he was the new guy and would be ready when they needed him.

Ya, I thought it was data download

Think it's more the end of the targs. That crazy king was the orig cause of this mess. He killed ned's father and brother with fire before jaime killed him. Happened while ned's sister was with raeger.

Screencaps of the vision is wildfire exploding in hallways etc...that didn't happen in the past at any point. Everything else in the vision is an accurate representation of what occurred. Seemed to me like they were setting that up with the juxtaposition of the burn them all line to lead you to think it was tied to Aerys, but Jaime stopped that from happening. I think it's the future.

Screencaps of the vision is wildfire exploding in hallways etc...that didn't happen in the past at any point. Everything else in the vision is an accurate representation of what occurred. Seemed to me like they were setting that up with the juxtaposition of the burn them all line to lead you to think it was tied to Aerys, but Jaime stopped that from happening. I think it's the future.

Agreed

I thought the Starks that the mad king killed were via Wildfire

Interesting. A bit weird, but interesting. Is there anything to suggest that Arya knows how to get / wear faces?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...o-game-of-thrones_us_574dc491e4b02912b240e15e

Our theory: Arya Stark will wear Catelyn Stark’s face to become Lady Stoneheart and kill the Freys.

The evidence: Maisie Williams’ and Sophie Turner’s answers in a game of “Two Truths and a Lie.”

In “Two Truths and a Lie,” players say two things that are true and one that is false — hence the name. Maisie Williams (Arya) and Sophie Turner (Sansa) recently played the game with Yahoo, and they had some very interesting responses.

According to Turner:

“Ramsay dies.”
“Lady Stoneheart returns.”
“Arya checks three people off her list.”
According to Williams:

“Arya goes to Westeros, back over the sea.”
“Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realized, because they don’t realize it’s her.”
“Arya doesn’t cross any more names off her list.”
OK, there’s a lot to digest here, and some of this seems contradictory; however, there’s a big set leak going around that seems to clear things up ...

The leak that mounts the world: Ramsay Bolton probably isn’t dying in Season 6.

According to set leaks that have been pretty accurate so far, Ramsay Bolton will likely make it through Season 6. If that’s the case, then Turner’s two other responses are most likely true:

“Lady Stoneheart returns.”
“Arya checks three people off her list.”

I thought the Starks that the mad king killed were via Wildfire

From the Maester @ Ringer.com:

Intercut with flashes of King Aerys the Mad screaming “Burn them all!” were scenes of pyromancers preparing the famously flammable substance known as wildfire. This is in line with book canon. In the last days of his reign, the Mad King hatched a plot to nuke King’s Landing rather than allow it to fall to Robert Baratheon.

Caches of wildfire were hidden throughout the capital — under each of the city gates, under Flea Bottom, even under the Red Keep — ready should Aerys give the word. When Tywin Lannister turned his cloak and sacked the city, Aerys knew the moment had arrived. He gave the order: “Burn them all!” But before Rossart, the Hand of the King and Grandmaster of the Alchemist’s Guild, could relay the message, Jaime Lannister cut him down, then stabbed Aerys in the back, ending (for the time being?) the reign of the Targaryens. In the chaotic days that followed, Jaime hunted down the remaining pyromancer saboteurs.

Some of the wildfire stores have been discovered and much of the realm’s known reserves were used during the Battle of the Blackwater. Surely, though, some of the Mad King’s stock remains in place. King’s Landing, in other words, may be sitting on a bomb. And Bran’s visions may be showing us that bomb going off.

https://theringer.com/ask-the-maest...mwell-benjen-mad-king-c2f4aeb058ee#.ja6jofc7x

I like the theory that Dany is going to become the ultimate villan and Mad Queen at the end.

Dragons and wildfire have been intrinsically linked so she could either accidentally or purposely set off the wildfire.

For everything that she has done, while partially justified, it's also been pretty damn ruthless. As Dario says - she's a conquerer not a ruler

Last edited:
Well she sucks as a ruler so that would make sense.

Yeah. If she doesn't have a heel turn, she should conquer Westeros then let a capable leader rule.

Or become the entire night's watch. Three Dragons to knock back the white walkers every time they come around.

Meh. A Mad Queen ending would be ok, but the whole "world coming full circle" thing wouldn't be overly exciting, given that we know the history in reasonably specific detail.

But it would be kind of funny if everyone has been waiting for Danny to get over to Westeros for so long, only to have her piss everyone off.

Last edited:
They'd better not fuck the ending up like Lost, else, I might destroy every TV I own.

Would it really be a heel turn? The only nice thing she's done is freed the slaves and that was still self serving

How does someone become a whitewalker versus one of those zombie guys?

Back