• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Hmmm Game of Thrones producers are saying only 2 more seasons and 7 episodes per season? Blegh

I actually think it will be 13 total episodes after this season. Sounds about right given that there are only supposed to be 2 more books (hurry up George). They are basically getting 3 "extra" episodes to wrap everything up.

I thought you meant to and I laughed.

I read a theory that Arya might be taking Lady Stoneheart's place in the show. Don't like it personally, but who knows...

See the previous page. I think it would be a mistake, Lady Stoneheart is too good of a character to give the Jeyne Poole treatment.

Could someone give me a rundown of where everyone is currently and who controls what?

I know Blackfish took Riverrun from the Freys, and now Jaime is headed there to get it back...for Frey or the Crown?...Frey is also sending Edmure there to "bargain" for Riverrun, but is that part of the Jaime plot, or will Jaime just take out the Blackfish's army after (or maybe without) surrendering for Edmure's life.

Littlefinger is taking the Knights of the Vale to "protect" Sansa, correct? Does that mean they're headed to Winterfell?...meet up with Sansa and Jon? Is Littlefinger's ultimate goal the throne?

Youngster Greyjoys are headed....somewhere? Will they join Jon to take the North away from the Boltons..setting up Ramsay vs Theon?

Euron needs to build ships and then is presumably headed to Essos for Dany.

Dorne is Dorne.

I don't think I missed any...other than Bran north of the wall with Coldhands/Benjen.

And surely Margaery is playing the High Sparrow right? I still don't see what her plan is by connecting Tommen to him...other than to absolve blame once he gets taken out.

There have been 56 episodes of this show so far, I swear at least 30 have ended with Daenarys making some fucking speech or some symbolic action and a large group of people bowing to her, reaching out for her, or screaming in approval. That gets so damn old, I really have lost all interest in her story other than if she's the one that's going to end on the throne.

Sorry for the question overload...you guys know how I roll on here.

Hmmm Game of Thrones producers are saying only 2 more seasons and 7 episodes per season? Blegh

Really blows.....there's no way GRRM finishes two books by the time they get 2 more seasons in, so why not just do a 13 episode Season 7? Or preferably a little longer like Breaking Bad.

They better not pull a Sopranos and take like 3.5 years to release the last two (half) seasons.

There have been 56 episodes of this show so far, I swear at least 30 have ended with Daenarys making some fucking speech or some symbolic action and a large group of people bowing to her, reaching out for her, or screaming in approval. That gets so damn old, I really have lost all interest in her story other than if she's naked.

FIFY

giphy.gif

Dorne is Dorne.

Kinda. Last we saw, the Sand Vipers killed the king because they wanted revenge for Oberyn's death at the hand (mountain) of the Lannisters.

That'll surely lead to something.

Kinda. Last we saw, the Sand Vipers killed the king because they wanted revenge for Oberyn's death at the hand (mountain) of the Lannisters.

That'll surely lead to something.

Killing the Lannister girl wasn't enough? I mean, understandably the Lannisters will want blood for that, but Dorne/Rome/Kama Sutra woman is pretty dumb if she wants to go to war because her brother lost as a champion, and lost specifically because he was an arrogant ass.

Could someone give me a rundown of where everyone is currently and who controls what?

I know Blackfish took Riverrun from the Freys, and now Jaime is headed there to get it back...for Frey or the Crown?...Frey is also sending Edmure there to "bargain" for Riverrun, but is that part of the Jaime plot, or will Jaime just take out the Blackfish's army after (or maybe without) surrendering for Edmure's life.

Littlefinger is taking the Knights of the Vale to "protect" Sansa, correct? Does that mean they're headed to Winterfell?...meet up with Sansa and Jon? Is Littlefinger's ultimate goal the throne?
who the hell knows with Little Finger. He wants power but has shown strong affection for Catelyn, who LF sees in Sansa. While he has tried to use her for his own personal gain, there's likely also some sincerity with his actions. He'll likely get involved in the upcoming Bastard Bowl even though Sansa told him she doesn't want his help or to see him.

Youngster Greyjoys are headed....somewhere? Will they join Jon to take the North away from the Boltons..setting up Ramsay vs Theon?
they're likely heading for Mereen to beat Euron to Dany. Also, they need to get as far away from him as possible and find a powerful ally since Euron has a massive navy (with no current ships). If Euron gets Dany, everyone is in trouble. I think Theon wants personal revenge on Ramsey but his story arc is with his sister for the near future and the current Ramsey revenge arc is with Sansa and Jon.

Euron needs to build ships and then is presumably headed to Essos for Dany.
Euron vs Theon/Yara is the ultimate plan. Euron could potentially walk into a lion's den if the young greyjoys get Dany on board.

Dorne is Dorne.

I don't think I missed any...other than Bran north of the wall with Coldhands/Benjen.

And surely Margaery is playing the High Sparrow right? I still don't see what her plan is by connecting Tommen to him...other than to absolve blame once he gets taken out.
pretty sure she's setting tommen up for a massive downfall. He is a horribly weak king that is easily manipulated by anyone which likely concerns Marg & the Queen of Thorns.

There have been 56 episodes of this show so far, I swear at least 30 have ended with Daenarys making some fucking speech or some symbolic action and a large group of people bowing to her, reaching out for her, or screaming in approval. That gets so damn old, I really have lost all interest in her story other than if she's the one that's going to end on the throne.

Sorry for the question overload...you guys know how I roll on here.

Bolded

Last edited:
Killing the Lannister girl wasn't enough? I mean, understandably the Lannisters will want blood for that, but Dorne/Rome/Kama Sutra woman is pretty dumb if she wants to go to war because her brother lost as a champion, and lost specifically because he was an arrogant ass.

If that was enough, why kill the prince (I said king earlier)?

Didn't Myrcella die end of last season and Doran died early this season, right?

Orgy woman has lost her damn mind and will keep going until she is dead herself. She doesn't care anymore after Viper dude lost his head.

The only part I have issue with is that Margaery needs Tommen in order for her/her family to have power. Not sure if by downfall you just meant image-wise (which I can see the people/religious poor going all out in support of Tommen for joining with the faith, and then if she takes the High Sparrow down, and Tommen with him, it would just make her look better to the people of the city...but not Tommen...not sure how that works out)....or literally taking him out. She wouldn't still be queen. Who would the crown pass to if Tommen dies?

The only part I have issue with is that Margaery needs Tommen in order for her/her family to have power. Not sure if by downfall you just meant image-wise (which I can see the people/religious poor going all out in support of Tommen for joining with the faith, and then if she takes the High Sparrow down, and Tommen with him, it would just make her look better to the people of the city...but not Tommen...not sure how that works out)....or literally taking him out. She wouldn't still be queen. Who would the crown pass to if Tommen dies?

Their kid, assuming they have one. Obviously, the story arc is not going to allow that, or not allow a kid much past infancy.

If that was enough, why kill the prince (I said king earlier)?

Didn't Myrcella die end of last season and Doran died early this season, right?

Wasn't she under some form of house arrest? To be free of that and to grab power for herself. And obviously she still has an axe to grind with King's Landing.

I could see either. If she figuratively neuters him, she's basically in control. But I could see the Tyrells making a real power play soon. Besides the gullible Mace, none of the Tyrells actually like the Lannisters. Without the army and money from the Tyrells, the Lannisters are considerably weaker.

I could see either. If she figuratively neuters him, she's basically in control. But I could see the Tyrells making a real power play soon. Besides the gullible Mace, none of the Tyrells actually like the Lannisters. Without the army and money from the Tyrells (and Tywin), the Lannisters are considerably weaker.

FIFY

Wasn't she under some form of house arrest? To be free of that and to grab power for herself. And obviously she still has an axe to grind with King's Landing.

ETA: Deaconslim just made me realize you were talking about Ellaria. Mb.

Pretty sure Myrcella was a ward, in much the same way Theon was a ward in Winterfell. They are practically free to roam hostages that are political pawns to ensure both sides keep the peace. When Oberyn died, the sand snakes took it as an attack and retaliated.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Myrcella was a warden, in much the same way Theon was a warden in Winterfell. They are practically free to roam hostages that are political pawns to ensure both sides keep the peace. When Oberyn died, the sand snakes took it as an attack and retaliated.

Think he was talking about Ellaria (Oberyn's homegirl). Doran had basically put her on a leash, she killed him for not avenging Oberyn, and she supposedly has the support of the people of Dorne...and then killed Trystane because he technically would be the heir and to avoid him avenging his father's death against her. She now has no obstacles for whatever the hell she thinks she's gonna do.

Back