• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

It doesn't matter to Hillshills. You wear your ignorance and denialism as a badge of honor.

I just haven't seen anything that damning. Emails with DNC leaders? Emails with members of the media about controlling the message on HRC appearances? Seems like pretty standard stuff.

I just haven't seen anything that damning. Emails with DNC leaders? Emails with members of the media about controlling the message on HRC appearances? Seems like pretty standard stuff.

I'd also say that the Sanders suppression and collusion stuff is nothing new. The emails from Brazille were not worse than the DWS stuff revealed in July. Those Sanders voters who are gonna get mad about that kind of thing are already mad and I doubt the new revelation moves the needle.

I mean I used to book our CEO on TV/radio/print interviews and I would do all I could to make sure we controlled the message and got all our points and messaging across. And it was an animal charity, so a lot of the appearances were fluff/promotional. It's standard practice.

Can we just elect Clinton and move on? I'll be so glad when this is over and done with.

I'm so tired of this whole Trump bullshit. He's a pariah and a bad thing for the country. He also has absolutely no business or qualifications to be the POTUS.

I would much rather get back to discussing actual policies and having differences there instead of talking about: sexual assault, jail, tax returns, etc.

There's real shit going on out there and we need to figure out how to fix it.

I see Trump is having fun on twitter this morning claims the shackles of the Republican Party have been taken off him and he is finally free to do what he wants, whatever the fuck that's going to entail. Also says the Republican Party is way more disloyal than the democrats lol. I do enjoy how his lack of self awareness where he once again tweets that he won the debate with screenshots of online instant polls from drudge and breitbart while not understanding why republicans aren't supporting him, it's because you aren't close to winning in the real world just your mind.

Remember when the same pearl clutchers expressing phony outrage over Trump saying "pussy" thought these were hilarious:
CuQzBTMVIAAWD2q.jpg

CuQzB_NVMAA-Tnm.jpg

Didn't really see an answer to this while skimming back through the thread.

I think it's two-fold: 1) to see the actual income the major candidates have and 2) to see the tax burden and charitable contributions the major candidates have. In the specific case of Trump the reason it is such a big issue is because he has consistently claimed to be a great philanthropist and businessman, so people want to see how much money he's actually bringing in (and has brought in) and how much money he's actually donated personally to charity. Now, we have a pretty good idea that the latter is very minimal due to reporting efforts of Fahrenthold of the Washington Post (has called over 200+ charities who have claimed Trump personally gave money or Trump/someone for his campaign claimed he personally gave money to and revealed exactly one personal donation over the past six years) and I expect that he isn't making that much personal annual income (far less than he wants you to believe) nor is he paying very much in taxes.

All of this is a pretty good indication of why Trump will not release his tax returns and it's comical that he and Pence continue to peddle this fiction of "Trump will release the returns when the IRS audit ends." Of course nobody knows the extent of the audit, when it began, when it ends, and I suspect it will never "end" at all.

Still don't see why it matters, at all. Strikes me as some old-school church looking for something to gossip over shit

Deals with transparency and Trump is running as a businessman. Part and parcel to that is what his own finances are and how he carries his tax burden - especially since tax rates are a major focus of any candidate's economic plan.

Seems pretty straightforward that if you're running for president and talking about taxes that you should be prepared to disclose your own returns. Every candidate has done so for the last half century.

Doubt that Cuban is a HRC true believer, but will still be a little tricky to take her head on in 2020 after having endorsed her this cycle. Both major parties are deeply flawed, but the GOP is in more immediate need of reinventing itself. Chance that HRC shits the bed and the GOP may surprise and nominate a winning ticket in 2020, so 2024 may be too late for Cuban to restructure the GOP. Dole/Kemp were both good guys, but became sacrificial lambs in 1996. Would truly suck if an excellent GOP ticket like Daniels/Haley lost in 2020. Much better for a clown ticket like Pence/Cruz to get crushed in 2020 and Cuban runs as a Weld style socially moderate 'Pub in 2024.

Mitch Daniels will be 71 in 2020. While it's not out of the question he gets in, I just can't see wanting to put up with the bullshit (and it will still be there) for the last part of his life. Baker (Gov of Mass)/Haley might be a better ticket. Baker may be able to break some of the northeastern part of the blue wall. I would welcome this ticket greatly.

Isn't a fair amount of it what he has and has not donated to his campaign from his own personal and/or business finances?

I'm guessing folks think there is impropriety (outside of the charity stuff).

Still don't see why it matters, at all. Strikes me as some old-school church looking for something to gossip over shit
Except that it's long standing tradition for candidates to be open and transparent regarding their financial status. Trump doesn't have a good excuse for bucking tradition, so he looks suspicious. He could end the gossip by releasing his taxes.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Also, how many times do tax experts have to debunk the statement of "I can't release my taxes while an audit is occurring"?

That's just patently false.

Can we just elect Clinton and move on? I'll be so glad when this is over and done with.

I'm so tired of this whole Trump bullshit. He's a pariah and a bad thing for the country. He also has absolutely no business or qualifications to be the POTUS.

I would much rather get back to discussing actual policies and having differences there instead of talking about: sexual assault, jail, tax returns, etc.

There's real shit going on out there and we need to figure out how to fix it.

I said this on the non-troll thread, but Trump is now more aggressively trying torpedo the integrity of our election system. He's encouraging his supporters to go to polling places and intimidate voters under the guise of "watchfulness" and has consistently undermined the legitimacy of the result. The strategy was moot in the primaries because he won, but we may see some pretty dire consequences of his actions in this regard come November.

Except that it's long standing tradition for candidates to be open and transparent regarding their financial status. Trump doesn't have a good excuse for bucking tradition, so he looks suspicious. He could end the gossip by releasing his taxes.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

You, of all people, advocating for releasing his tax returns because of the old "tradition, it's how we've always done it" reasoning. Wow

You, of all people, advocating for releasing his tax returns because of the old "tradition, it's how we've always done it" reasoning. Wow
I'm not following. I make an effort to not hold any arbitrary political beliefs. The purpose of our elected leaders being financially transparent seems obvious to me.

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a "psychosis" in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, unshakable beliefs in something untrue or not based on reality.

I'm not following. I make an effort to not hold any arbitrary political beliefs. The purpose of our elected leaders being financially transparent seems obvious to me.

I prefer to elect leaders who pay their taxes. I suspect that doesn't matter to tintin.

Back