• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gimme you top five most likely

1. White
2. Not miller
3. not the other miller
4. not a dukie
5. no one that has any ties to Odom

Mooney, Reed, Paulsen, Amaker, Turner

I'm not optimistic about his Premiership's decision.

1) Lonergan
2) Amaker
3) Howland
4) White
5) Turner (because Ron has to have a "whiff" candidate)

RJ, you're swingin that dick over on the left coast. What are your thoughts on Howland?

I'd use him as a fall back. It would tough to pick between him, Massiello, White and Amaker.

We HAVE to make a HUGE play for Shaka and/or Marshall. We can't be punks.

Michael White is getting it done at La. Tech.

Do like him.

His team has a lot of "W" in their record as in they win a lot. Winning is good.

Last edited:
Thanks. I just don't think Wellman would overlook the issues at UCLA.

Neither do I. I've been a pretty adamant Howland supporter since before the season started and the amount of rumored interest is beyond surprising to me. I just can't imagine RW making this hire, it goes directly against the Dino firing sentiment.

Oddly, Bones also played at UNC.
I'm old and I barely remember Bones calling ACC games but I can remember Amaker and King Rat no problem. Why not Bob Bender he was popular with some of you bozos.

I'd use him as a fall back. It would tough to pick between him, Massiello, White and Amaker.

We HAVE to make a HUGE play for Shaka and/or Marshall. We can't be punks.

Howland appeal has really got to you RJ. You had a pretty strong take against him, maybe it's not a complete change, but what has changed your mind?

1) Lonergan
2) Amaker
3) Howland
4) White
5) Turner (because Ron has to have a "whiff" candidate)

Not sure about the order but I think this list of 5 hits the most likely options.

The more I think about this the more I see Tod Kowalczyk as Wellman's dark horse candidate. Perfect age (46), a nice looking family, success at two programs, and a personal website in which he devotes several paragraphs to how he instilled a "new culture" for Toledo upon taking over.

Howland appeal has really got to you RJ. You had a pretty strong take against him, maybe it's not a complete change, but what has changed your mind?

As I said, we have to go balls to the walls for the Top 2. He's in a virtual tie for three with the others. It's like this:

The more I think about this the more I see Tod Kowalczyk as Wellman's dark horse candidate. Perfect age (46), a nice looking family, success at two programs, and a personal website in which he devotes several paragraphs to how he instilled a "new culture" for Toledo upon taking over.

Kowalczykfam.jpg

Not to mention the obligatory NBA quote from DWade, and a career record close to .500.

Back